Table of Contents
New Zealand is one of the solid preferences for international students who plan to pursue masters in a foreign country. Added to the top-notch education, the country has many good attributes like alluring natural landscapes, delicious cuisine, and friendly locals.
Moreover, the accessibility to Asia is another main reason for New Zealand being the appropriate study destination because it is not too far away from home (especially for Asians!). The institutions in New Zealand are committed to offering the exemplary education for students and notably, international students planning for masters have a great deal in New Zealand. The country is found to be offering post-graduate education in various disciplines!
Popular Masters Degree in New Zealand
New Zealand offers a diversified lot of courses for international students to choose from. Usually, masters in New Zealand range from 2 to 3 years depending upon the type of program. There are different course types in Master programs in New Zealand. Namely,
- Traditional Master Programs
- Change of Direction Master Degrees
- Graduate Entry Professional Qualifications
- Professional Development Qualifications
Each program satisfies a purpose based on which the applicant can choose theirs.
Traditional Master Programs
These are the academic programs that are built on a related undergraduate program. The familiar qualifications received upon completing Traditional Master Programs are Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Science (MSc).
With this program, you can hone your existing subject knowledge by getting advantage of the academic specialists in the New Zealand institutions.
Change of Direction Masters Degrees
Are you looking to change your career? This masters degree helps you to switch academic or career pathways on your interest and enhance your competency in an all-new field which you have never studied any before. If at all you want to make a career transition, this kind of courses might help you.
Graduate Entry Professional Qualification
This program helps you acquire advanced vocational skills at post-graduate level or attain eligibility for professional careers. By using this program, professional competency for regulated professions can be attained but make sure the country you plan to work in recognises your qualification.
Professional Development Qualifications
This program is specifically for candidates with relevant work experience in a particular field. By this program, you can build capstone to your existing skills, provide additional skills and improvise your career path.
Some of the well-performing master’s courses in New Zealand are,
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science (Research)
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Applied Psychology
- Master of Design Innovation
- Master of Conservation Biology
- Master of Design Technology
- Master of Global Business
- Master of Engineering Practice
- Master of International Trade
- Master of Tourism Management
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science (Earth Science)
- Master of Water Resource Management and many other…
Why Choose Masters in New Zealand?
New Zealand remains one of the favourite study abroad destinations for international students who plan to study masters. Factually, here are the reasons why the country is bustling with international students.
- New Zealand is one of the top 10 cleanliest countries
- International students get settlement opportunities like a piece of cake
- Population diversity in New Zealand ascertains the receptive nature of the country to outsiders
- Excellent pedagogy of the British education system
Political and economic stability and least crime rate are also the reasons for international students preferring New Zealand. Moreover, the after-effects of studying a Masters program in New Zealand like settlement options, job opportunities, business establishment, etc. are highly gratifying.
Eligibility to study for masters in New Zealand
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised institution
- IELTS or TOEFL score based on the university compliance
- No active backlogs and should have had more than 5 backlogs for university applications
- A decent academic track record that suffices the university requirements
Can I get PR there, if I complete masters in New Zealand?
Definitely! Once after completing masters in New Zealand, you get a post-study work permit of up to 3 years. Upon working there in New Zealand, you also can apply for PR. To obtain PR, you should qualify the basic eligibility requirements set by the New Zealand government.
Even though you don’t happen to stay there and return to the home country your professional competency and international work experience upscale your qualification in the competitive job market. To know more about studying in New Zealand, you can connect with CanApprove. Our overseas education coordinators are right here to assist you. Book a free appointment now or ask us for a callback.
New Zealand offering IT and Computer Science Programs! Have a look...
IT and Computer Science Information technology is dealt with the utilization of computer systems to store, retrieve, transmit and perform other manipu...
Become a skillful Animator by studying in New Zealand!...
New Zealand A fairyland which owns greenified hills all over, beaches to revel in and dense forests to explore. It has humans from different parts of ...
Civil Engineering Programs in New Zealand!...
Civil Engineering The engineering discipline which is dealt with design, construction and maintenance of environment whether it be physically built or...