Table of Contents
Georgia is a country known across the world for its exquisite cuisine and hospitality. With premium medical universities and affordable costs, Georgia has emerged to be the best choice for students who want to study MBBS abroad. The universities offer world-class education and state-of-the-art infrastructure. Medical universities in Georgia have the recognition of Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). A degree from these universities makes the holder qualified to work in any part of the world. After completing MBBS in Georgia, the student can apply right away for the test for obtaining the license to practice.
Georgia is located at the intersection of Eastern Europe and West Asia. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia and the country is now a major international tourist destination. Georgia has also been named as the world’s number-one economic reformer by the World Bank. The country is part of the European Union’s Free Trade Area. Georgia has achieved 100% literacy and has one of the best education systems in the world.
Why Study MBBS In Georgia?
There are many favorable factors that make Georgia the most attractive destination for aspiring students who wants to study MBBS in Georgia. They include:
- To pursue MBBS in Georgia, students need not pass an entrance test. Admission is purely based on higher secondary-level marks. Students with a minimum of 60% marks will get admission in Georgia
- The cost of completing MBBS in Georgia is much lower compared to many other countries. The students need not pay any donation. Deserving students may also get scholarships.
- The fees are affordable and living cost is low. The students are also eligible for education loan
- English is the medium of instruction in Georgia so the students need not worry about language barriers. At the same time, students need not pass English tests like IELTS or TOFEL to study MBBS in Georgia
- Compared to the private medical colleges in India, medical universities in Georgia offer better quality education. The universities give priority to practical expertise and students are allowed to do practical works and clinical clerkship from first semester itself.
- The medical universities are equipped with high standards of infrastructure. The students are also exposed to the most advanced medical technologies and devices.
- Students are allowed to participate in international seminars and conferences. They can also apply for an internship or advanced studies in 47 countries under the Lisbon convention.
- The teaching faculties of the medical universities in Georgia are highly qualified
- Medical Universities in Georgia offers high standards of accommodation for students
- Georgia is a safe country to live. Crime rates are very low and student can travel by public transport without any worries. The students also get discounts on travel
Expenses To Study MBBS In Georgia
The approximate annual tuition fees to study MBBS in Georgia is around $4500 USD. The duration of the course in some universities is five years while in some other universities, it is six years. Monthly expenses on food and accommodation would be around $250.
MCI-Approved Medical Universities In Georgia
Here is a list of 16 approved Medical universities in Georgia which allows you to study MBBS in Georgia:
- “AIETI” Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- European University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”
- New Vision University, Georgia
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia
Contact our team of experts to know more about studying MBBS in Georgia.
4 Differences You Should Know Between IELTS and PTE Examinations...
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Examinations are two of the most popular English langu...
4 Tips to Help You Prepare for Your IELTS Exam!...
The IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is the most popular English language proficiency test for international education and m...
5 Important Things You Should Know About Australian Student Visa...
What do you need to know about Australian student visa? All international students who enroll in Australian institutions for a course that lasts more ...
5 Reasons Why Studying in Australia Could Make You a Better Person!...
Studying in Australia, a country that gives the highest priority to research and education, is a unique and enriching experience. Besides earning a de...
5 Reasons Why You Should Never Miss Out the Opportunity to Study in Canada...
It is evident that the education industry has undergone a significant transformation over the past few years changing the way the system works. The co...
A Brief Guide on How to Get a Job after Pursuing Education in Canada...
Canada offers a lot of opportunities for international students to work in the country and obtain permanent residence after they complete their gradua...