- International students who have completed their graduation in New Zealand can apply for post study visas.
- The post study work visa is a one year visa that allows the international graduates to work for an employer in New Zealand.
- If you are lucky enough to find a job opportunity that’s related to your studies, you can extend your post study visa for up to 2 years.
Who Can Apply For New-Zealand Post Study Work Visa:
You can get post study work visa if
- If you successfully complete a New Zealand qualification and get a job in the field of your studies.
- Apply within 3 months of your student visa expiry
- prove that you have at least NZ$4,200 to live during the post study work visa period.
Types Of New Zealand Post Study Work Visa
Post study work visa (open)
- Students who have completed a valid qualification in New Zealand but do not hold a job offer yet.
- this visa is valid for 12 months.
Post study work visa (employer assisted)
- Students who hold a valid job offer
- Valid for 2 or more years.
How To Apply For New-Zealand Post-Study Work Visa:
- Ascertain your eligibility via online eligibility checklist
- Create a RealMe login for online application of New Zealand scholarships
- Register with New Zealand scholarships online
- Complete your application.
You will need:
- a completed Work Visa application form INZ1015 (be sure to also download the application checklist and attach it to the front of your application)
- proof of your successful completion of your qualification and are eligible to graduate
- recent bank statement showing a balance of at least NZ$4,200
- three months’ transaction history
- your passport
- two recent passport-size photographs.
Other Essential Information:
- Partner or dependent children can’t be included in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
- With this visa, you can work for any employer and any job in New Zealand