Post-Study Work Rights in USA

Table of Contents

Introduction to post-study work rights in USA
  • USA is an apt place for working after your education.
  • Make sure to check for all visa regulations and options available before you apply for any post-study work right in USA
  • The rules, eligibility criteria and legal rulings are constantly changing, hence make sure to research properly.
Visa Options for post-study work rights in USA
  • Practical Training on an F-1 Visa: Students holding F-1 Visa are generally entitled to post-completion practical training
  • Non-Immigrant H-3 Visa (Trainee): Those applicants with no appropriate education or work experience who wish to come to USA for training themselves in a particular area can opt for this visa type. This visa is valid for 2 years.
  • Non-Immigrant H-1B Visa (Specialty Occupation): H-1B is a temporary worker visa. It is granted for three years and can be extended for another six years.
  • Non-Immigrant R-1 Visa (Religious Worker): This category is designed for religious workers and those working in religious organizations.
  • Non-Immigrant E-1/E-2 Visa (Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor): This visa is provided to Managers, executives and other essential employees. The key requirement of this visa is that 51% of company’s trade must be between USA and the treaty country.
  • Non-Immigrant L-1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer): This visa is used for transferring employees on temporary employment assignments for companies abroad who have offices in the U.S.
  • Non-Immigrant Obtaining a “Green Card”: A person residing in USA holding green card an work and reside inside USA
Other Information – Post Study Work Rights in USA
  • Always try and find work in your own field of expertise
  • Check the eligibility requirements. Each visa has different eligibility criteria
  • Students who have attained degrees in the field of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM subjects) are classified as in demand in USA. Hence if these students, having experience in the field of their study can apply for job opportunities and shall to stay in the US for on-the-job study.

Recommended Articles

Interested in Mechanical Engineering? Take up your studies in the USA...

Mechanical Engineering The combination of engineering physics and mathematics deployed in the field of engineering along with materials science to des...

The USA offering Instructional Design courses! Take a look...

Instructional Design The process of technically designing, developing, and delivering instructional products and services, in both physical and digita...

Civil Engineering Programs in New Zealand!...

Civil Engineering The engineering discipline which is dealt with design, construction and maintenance of environment whether it be physically built or...

Environmental Science Programs in Australia!...

Environmental Science Environmental science deals with physical and biological sciences along with information sciences like ecology, plant science, b...

Interested in studying abroad or Migrating to Abroad with Canapprove?

Enter your details below and we'll call you back when it suits you.


Subscribe to our Newsletter
canapprove Submitting...

Follow Us

CanApprove@2022. All rights reserved.


One of the leading Migration services around the globe

CanApprove@2022. All rights reserved.

Don’t miss a single immigration update!

Our immigration consultants are at work to provide you with regular and authentic updates on immigration news, entry cut-off scores, entry draw results, etc., Wait no further and enter your E-mail ID to subscribe to our newsletter for free!

Subscribe to our Newsletter
canapprove Submitting...

Follow Us
Enquire NowCall Now