- There are numerous scholarships available in France.
- The scholarships cover all three levels of educations which are offered to French, EU, and non-EU students.
- The majority of the scholarships are government-funded but there are also EU-funded scholarships available.
- Some scholarships are also granted by private institutions, and some are also granted directly by higher education institutions.
- Almost every subject can be studied in this nation and finding an apt scholarship program to ease your financial expenses while your study abroad can be tricky. Find out some of the scholarships available in France below.
Types of French Scholarships
Government/ EU French scholarships
- Eiffel Excellence French Scholarships
- It allows French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students for masters and Ph.D. degree programs.
- These scholarship holders receive an allowance of €1,181 and scholarship-holders on Ph.D. courses receive an allowance of €1,400.
- In addition, scholarship holders are eligible for expenses including return trips, health insurance, cultural activities, and accommodation allowance.
- Note that this scholarship does not cover your tuition fee.
- Ile-de-France Masters French Scholarships
- open to foreign students who are newcomers, aged no more than 30 within the selection year, and who wish to pursue a Master’s degree at Universities in the Paris region.
- The scholarships offer €10,500 for 10 months and also provide reserved accommodation in the Cité Universitaire in Paris.
University specific French Scholarships
- École Normale Supérieure International Selection
- Promising international students in the field of Science or Humanities (about 30) are selected each year to follow a 2-3 years course.
- They are provided with a stipend of approximately €1000 for the duration of their course.
- Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon
- Students who enroll for a master’s degree in the field of Sciences, the Arts, and Human and Social Sciences (excluding Professional Masters in teaching) are offered this scholarship.
- The scholarships offer an amount of €1000/month for 12 months and are renewable with conditions.
- Université de Lyon Masters French Scholarships
- Offered to students who display a prominent level of academic excellence and opt for master’s program at Université of de Lyon and partner Universities.
- The scholarship awards €800 per month for 10 months.
- Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation French Scholarships
- Students who wish to pursue an international master’s program at Grenoble INP are provided with these kinds of scholarships.
- The grant amounts to €5,000 per semester.
- Emily Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships created by Sciences Po is named after the founder of Sciences Po
- Created to attract the finest international students outside the European Union and who have been previously admitted to Sciences Po University.
- Scholarships range from €5,000 to €16,000 for 2 years of postgraduate study or €3,000 to €12,300 for 3 years of undergraduate study.
- INSEAD MBA French Scholarships
- Limited in number and portray significant competition for each award.
- Need-based and non-need-based (based on either merit, nationality, gender, professional background, leadership abilities, the field of previous studies, etc.) are two types of INSEAD MBA scholarships.
- The value of the scholarships ranges from $5,000 to $25,000.
Other essential Information
- Some of the general French scholarships in Paris are Erasmus+, Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students, HEC Paris Foundation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women, and many more.
- Scholarship conditions and requirements vary considerably for different courses, levels, and degrees, hence checking for the right eligibility criteria is mandatory.
Students must be of a certain age to apply for scholarships which normally under the age of 30 or between 25-3