Moving to Ireland for Study?
- Ireland has been endowed with a long history of academic excellence and is one of the students desired destinations for higher education.
- Students who wish to study in Ireland are required to apply for a student visa which allows them to reside in the country for a long-term course in a recognized college or other educational institutions.
Required documents for Ireland student visa
- Acceptance of evidence of the student enrolled in an educational institution course of at least 15 hours of daytime tuition is required for an Ireland student visa.
- Money transfer-proof from bank to college- the document must display the fees during the academic year with the bank statement showing the sender and beneficiary transactions.
- Certificate for the English Language – Must be submitted except for the applicant enrolling in the English language course. Other acceptable certificates include IELT, TOEFL, Cambridge FCE.
- Proof of sufficient funds: This is required for your financial support and safety while you are residing in the country. Candidates must possess €7,000 in their account for immediate access to possessing an Ireland student visa.
- Proof of sufficient funds for the whole course of your studies: These amounts are similar for each subsequent year.
- Document proof needed to state that you are a medical insurance holder. You must take up health insurance to receive an Ireland student visa.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months remaining for expiry after completion of the course.
How to apply for an Ireland student visa
- You must make sure to check for all visa application details thoroughly for an Ireland student visa because your application might be rejected if any mismatch or discrepancy is found.
- You must check the Irish Embassy details, where your document must be sent.
- Provide a passport size photo.
- You must ensure that your passport is valid for 12 months.
- Ensure that you paid the application fees.
- You must provide the letter of application signed by you, stating that why you require the visa.
- Acceptance Letter from the University, College, or School, confirming that you have been accepted and enrolled for a course full time, engaging a minimum of 15 hours of duration in daytime per week.
- The Letter must name the applicant (You) and ensure the title/duration of the course.
- Must confirm the number of fees payable for your chosen course and ensure that your amount has been paid.
- Generally, any medical insurance is taken by the college for your entire period of study in Ireland, if not, you must take out the medical insurance of your own risk and cost.
- You must attach the document for the medical insurance with your application.
Other Essential Information
- The AVATS-online facility is available worldwide which facilitates all the applicants for a facile visa application process.
- Note that, your application will only be processed if it is done online and if you have fulfilled all the requirements which include submission of documents such as passport photograph and your fee for visa application must be paid.