The United States of America (USA) offers students access to an excellent education system that is recognized across the world and can make a significant difference to a student’s career.
What does USA have to offer?
Excellent Education: Some of the top Universities in the world like Harvard and Yale are located in USA along with 4,000 other renowned universities that offer excellent education.
Diversity: USA Universities provide students with the world’s most diverse educational environment providing a stimulating and rich learning environment to students and encouraging cross-cultural understanding and networking.
Valuable degree: Once you graduate and return home, you will return with a foreign degree along with a broadened perspective and a new set of skills; all of which will enable you to stand out among job applicants in your hometown. In addition to employers seeking students who have studied abroad, graduate schools also seek students who have experienced life in a foreign country because students that study abroad display diversity, flexibility and adaptability.
Career Opportunities: International students are allowed to work on campus for up-to 20 hours a week. Some students take on internships or curricular practical training, which helps them build experience and skills of their field of choice. Students are also offered career services at universities by professionally trained staff.
After pursuing an education, many students find that they love USA and would like to settle down and pursue a career there. Obtaining a degree from a university within USA increases the chances of getting a job within the country.
What’s the application process?
- Your school or university will send you a form confirming that you have been accepted at an institution authorized by the US Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS).
- All applicants’ names have to be submitted for security clearance.
- The DS-160 is an online form that needs to be completed, printed and presented at your visa interview.
- You will need to make an appointment for a visa interview and pay required fees. For your visa interview you need to provide the following:
- Passport valid for travel to the United States.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the photograph requirements.
- Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status.
- Your school will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20. All students, their spouse and minor children (if they intend to reside in the United States with the student) must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).
- Each person receives an individual Form I-20.
- For Academic and Language Students: Form I-20.
- Certificate of eligibility for Non-immigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students: Form I-20.
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended.
- Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school or university.
- You must demonstrate sufficient funds and financial resources to live and study.
- You must demonstrate the intention to return back to your home country after completing your studies.
Types of visas issued to students:
- A full-time student will receive an F-1 or M-1 visa.
- The student’s spouse and children will receive F-2 or M-2 visas.
- An Exchange Visitor would receive a J-1 visa.
- An exchange visitor comes to USA for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair or temporary work position.
What does CanApprove offer?
At CanApprove, education services are offered to students seeking admission in USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Singapore and Malaysia. Our team of skilled instructors and advisors provide step-by-step guidance to students and their families including information about a school’s requirements to the entire admission process and assistance with pre-travel, travel and post-arrival needs. CanApprove’s services also include:
- Free consultation.
- Assistance with identifying the right college/university and courses.
- Assistance with preparing documents.
- Assistance in filling error free applications and submitting documents for visa purposes.
- Regular follow-ups with universities and colleges.
- Assistance in securing student scholarship.
- Assistance in accommodation and pre-departure formalities.
For more information on education in USA, get in touch with our teams of qualified student advisors today!