In a contemporary world like ours, technology has passed its luxury phase and now has become necessary for each of us. Most of us choose technology as a part of our career to learn about and grow in this fast-paced world. You might be a data scientist, software developer, web designer, etc, your role is pivotal in the IT industry worldwide.
Speaking of worldwide opportunities, Canada could be a great place for techies looking for better opportunities outside their country. If you’re one of those IT professionals, read on to learn all you need to know about Canada’s Targeted Express Entry for IT Professionals.
Canada’s Targeted Express Entry Draws in 2023
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has declared the commencement of the category-based draws for Express Entry. It is a breakthrough for Express Entry because of the new changes implemented during its application process. These category-based draws are intended for skilled workers who can provide for and develop Canada’s economy.
The category-based selection confers Canada the right to issue Invitations to Apply (ITA) for potential applicants with good language skills (French/English), qualified skills, and work experience under NOC TEER occupations. These eligibilities will be looked upon when selecting candidates corresponding to the needs of the In-Demand skills when they receive permanent residence.
Targeted Express Entry for IT Professionals
The Targeted Express Entry draws conducted by the IRCC contain specific IT job roles. This could be a great opportunity for IT professionals with job roles under these draws. To apply for the Targeted Express Entry, you should come under the eligibility criteria corresponding to the three immigration programs such as:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Job Roles That Are Eligible to Apply
The Targeted Express Entry contains a list of certain occupations for IT professionals. If you are planning to apply, you must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience in 3 years under the same occupation. The job roles that the Targeted Express Entry contains are listed for you.
|NOC CODE||JOB ROLES|
|20012||Computer and information systems managers|
|21311||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|21230||Computer systems developers and programmers|
|21223||Database analysts and data administrators|
|21222||Information systems specialists|
|21232||Software developers and programmers|
|21231||Software designers and engineers|
|21234||Web developers and programmers|
Process of Application
Here’s a checklist of a few important things that you should know when applying for the Targeted Express Entry as an IT Professional.
1. You should possess a good language proficiency either in French or English. Express Entry provides a variety of options where you can take up your language test either on CELPIP or IELTS for English and on TEF or TCF for French.
2. You must create an Express Entry profile online through the Official Canadian Government website. You are required to provide valid and specific information regarding your personal information, education, work experience, and other details.
3. You can increase your CRS score by boosting your points in education, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors such as your education in Canada, provincial nomination, or a legit job offer.
4. You will receive an invitation to apply for the Targeted Express Entry Draw. You should contain an ITA if you’re applying for permanent residence under the Express Entry program.
5. Once you submit your application, it will be processed by the relevant immigration authorities. The status of your application process may vary depending on the period.
The process of application might sound a bit challenging which is why CanApprove is right here to make things easy and possible for you. We ensure to assist you right from filling out your application till you become permanent residents in Canada. For all the tech people out there, this could be a great opportunity to grab on! If you’d like to know more about the Targeted Express Entry, Talk to our experts at CanApprove, we’d love to hear from you!