High skilled foreign workers who have worked for a Nova Scotia employer for at least one year can apply for permanent residence in Canada through the Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry. The candidates must have an Express Entry profile and be eligible for any one of the three federal economic immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class.
Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry has two application routes. One is applying directly to the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) and the other is NSOI selecting the candidates directly from the Express Entry pool.
The requirements for Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry candidates include:
- An active Express Entry profile
- Age between 21 and 55
- Minimum 12 months of full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in Nova Scotia acquired within the three years before submitting the application.
- The work experience must be in an occupation classified under National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B
- The work experience in Nova Scotia must have been acquired with proper authorization (work permit, etc.)
- Education equal to Canadian secondary or post-secondary level. If the candidate has acquired the qualification from a foreign country, they must also submit an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- Sufficient level of proficiency in English/French: CLB 7 for NOC 0 and A, and CLB 5 for NOC B.
- Demonstrate the financial ability and intention to settle permamently in Nova Scotia
- In certain cases, candidates will also have to attend an in-person interview, about which they will be informed beforehand.
Canada has huge demand for skilled professionals with relevant educational qualification and work experience. A high quality of life and great career opportunities are what make Canada an attractive destination for immigrants. Contact us if you want to know more about your options to make Canada your permanent home.