Australia Visitor Visa
Australian visitor visa subclass 600, it is the temporary Visa that is required for entering Australia. Some travellers are required to have a valid Australian Visa to do tourist activities, visit family and friends or simply go out on a long due cruise within the country. The application for the Visa can be made from either abroad or from Australia.
A visitor visa states information about the conditions and about the traveller. The applicant wouldn’t need to fulfil any kind of interview requirement at the Australian embassy or the consulate. Although, in some of the cases, the Australian immigration officials might ask for some other further information by phone.
The application process for the Visa has certain different steps, which might be a little confusing for the applicant. However, there is nothing to worry about, as by hiring a professional, one can receive the needed help. These experts hired will be completely competent in guiding the applicant through the entire process and ensuring that no rejection is received from the end of the government. So, go ahead and make the application today without any stress.
What’s Permitted to Do for Australian Visitor Visa Holders?
- The applicant can travel to Australia for the purpose of tourism or a cruise.
- The applicant can do business activities, including negotiating contracts or attending any trade fairs or conferences.
- The applicant can study or complete a short course that is of a maximum of 3 months in Australia.
- The applicant can visit family and friends if they get sponsored by immediate family members living in Australia.
What’s Not Permitted to Do for Australian Visitor Visa Holders?
- The applicant cannot sell goods or work in Australia.
- The applicant cannot participate in the trade fair or the conference if the organiser pays the same.
- Applicant cannot study or complete any kind of course that continues for longer than three months.
- Applicant cannot travel to Australia due to health reasons for undergoing any kind of medical treatment.
Applicants who need to make an Application for a visitor visa to enter Australia
If willing to know if the nationality of yours is eligible for an Australia visitor visa, one can check it easily online through the official portal of the Home Affairs, Australia.
Note that the passport holders of the People’s Republic of China, apart from SARs, can visit Australia using the visa type if they are part of the approved tour group.
Subtypes of Australia Visitor Visa
- Tourist visitor- anyone visiting the country for recreation and leisure or for meeting friends and family can apply for the Visa either from outside or within the country.
- Sponsored family visitor- for the family members coming from outside Australia, who get sponsored for the visit visa by any of the Australian citizens of the Australian permanent resident, this type of Visa is to be applied for.
- Business visitor- this Visa is for the business people making the short business trip for the negotiations, businesses or for attending the events. To make an application for this Visa, one must remain outside Australia.
Applicants who don’t need to make an Application for a visitor visa to enter Australia
If the applicant’s passport is issued by a country that remains eligible for Electronic Travel Authority, the applicant wouldn’t need the visitor visa for travelling to Australia. Some of the countries that remain eligible for Australian ETA are,
- United Kingdom
- The United States of America, etc.
If the applicant is from Antarctica, the United States, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Japan or Canada, one can make an application for ETA.
Australia Visitor Visa- Validity (Duration)
A tourist visa remains valid for around 3 years. It allows the applicant to have a minimum stay of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months based on the applicant’s background. The Australian tourist visa, it is a multiple entry document which means that one can enter Australia as many number of times as they want until the Visa remains valid.
In certain cases, the Visa can be extended. Like if you are an Australian citizen and the parents wish to visit you and then plan to stay longer in the country. In this case, they can make an application for 12 months stay. Another example can be taken when one is having tourist visa for 3/6 months, and the current Australian Visa is close to expiry, in such a case, one can make an application for a visitor visa while staying in Australia to extend the stay.
Visitor Visa – Documentation
- Copy of the current valid passport that shows the photograph along with personal details and the passport expiration and issue date. It must also have the pages that require immigration stamps.
- Copy of the ID, if there is one available.
- Photo of the applicant.
Apart from the above, there are certain additional documentation requirements that the Australian government might ask for while making an application for a tourist visa or visitor visa.
- Document that can prove that the applicant can support the trip during their stay. It might be the document showing financial assets or bank statements.
- Documents that can show that applicant is employed or they are studying within the home country.
- Documents showing the travel itinerary or any kind of evidence for planned tourism activities in Australia.
- Letters from a friend or relative in Australia giving an invitation for a visit.
- The police certificate.
- For applicants who are under the age of 18 years, birth certificate.
- Family register and the composition form if it remains applicable.
To increase the chances for the approval of the Visa, ensure to provide the proof of finances to the Australian government showing that you have proper financial means that will help you to return to the home country.
Australia Visitor Visa- application through iVisa
To make the application, simply follow the below-mentioned steps,
- Fill out the form that is available on iVisa. Provide the passport information along with personal data and travel details correctly.
- Make sure you double-check all of the information because if you make a mistake, the application will be rejected.
- Make the payment for the processing fees using a debit or credit card. You can even use PayPal.
- Once the above-mentioned is done, upload supporting documents and click on submit the application.
A confirmation email, along with the additional instructions, will be received by the applicant in regard to the application. It will include instructions as to where to send the documents and how to make the appointment for the biometrics. It will also provide the formation of how to go through the medical examination.
After the application has been approved, the VISA will be digitally linked with the passport.
Cost & Processing Time
- Around 90% of the applicant can receive the Visa just in four months.
- AUD 150 is the application fee or the government fee for an Australian visitor visa. It remains included within the total visa application fee on iVisa.
In general, the below-mentioned processing time is applicable,
- Tourist Visa- 25% application- less than a day; 50% application- 6 days; 75% application- 26 days; 90% application- 37 days.
- Business Visa- 25% application- less than a day; 50% application- 3 days; 75% application- 9 days; 90% application- 25 days.
- Sponsored Family Visa- 25% application- 28 days; 50% application- 36 days; 75% application- 45 days; 90% application- 50 days.
The processing time of the Visa is dependent upon different factors, including,
- Whether or not the complete documentation has been submitted on time.
- The response time to the request for the additional information.
- Any time is taken by the end of the authorities for completing required checks on information within the application.
- The time is taken to receive any kind of additional information that is related to character, health or national security.
- Decision for accepting on refusing the visa application that remains based on the information and the documents provided.
It is advised to make the visa application in advance for the travel date and not to make any kind of travel arrangements until the Visa is granted.
In case you feel that you do not have the time to handle all the requirements on your own for making the visa application and for submitting the required information to the authorities, you can appoint a professional or a consultant who will be able to help you out with all the required information and workings. They will act on your behalf to receive and provide the documentation while you continue to do your work of day-to-day life. They will also be able to guide you with other required information before visiting Australia.
So, do not wait and get that needed consultation today to receive the best help.
- Australian PR Visa
- Australia Visitor Visa
- Partner Visa
- Subclass 485 Visas
- Subclass 189 Visa
- Subclass 476
- Subclass 500
- A complete guide to Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa
- Australia 65 Points Calculator
- Different Parent Visas in Australia
- Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 Visas
- Recognized Graduate Subclass 476
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491
Find your CRS score now!
Get in Touch
Just a few steps to get it started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can visit Australia with a visitor visa?
If your spouse is a permanent resident in Australia or you have a valid job offer from an Australian employer, you can obtain a visitor visa.
What are the types of Australian visitor visas?
• Tourist stream
• Sponsored family stream
• Business visitor visa
• Approved destination status stream
• Frequent traveller stream
What is the validity of an Australia visitor visa?
Australian immigration officials can offer you a visitor visa valid for 12 months. Based on your purpose of visit, visa officers can offer visitor visas for 3, 6, or 12 months.