Canapprove WHATSAPP


Get in Touch

    [honeypot 953b1362b63bd3ecf68]

    Study in USA

    The USA is a paradise for overseas education seekers. It’s not any new to know about the quality, performance, and legacy of educational institutions in the US. The American Education System offers a globally acknowledged degree to international students. Knowledge acquisition through world-class learning opens the gates to a wide range of job opportunities in the international labor market.

    With the international reputation and high academic standards, USA Education System makes sure that every student is molded to be the finest in what he or she is majoring in. Studying in the US makes you a valued asset wherever you are.

    An idiosyncratic education system, practical lectures, smaller classrooms & closed discussions will make your understanding extremely seamless. Education in the USA will guarantee academic as well as professional enhancement to any international student.

    The global power

    It’s nothing new to know that the United States is the global power with the world’s largest national economy. Since, the late 19th century, the US has been remaining the country with notable leaders in scientific research and technological innovation.

    The well performing industries in the US are,

    • Petroleum
    • Steel
    • Motor vehicles
    • Aerospace
    • Computer
    • Telecommunications
    • Chemicals
    • Electronics
    • Food Processing
    • Pharmaceutical
    • Consumer Goods
    • Lumber and Mining
    • Agriculture production

    Note: The US is the largest producer of electrical and nuclear energy on the planet
    With these many industries actuating, there is a wide range of job opportunities in the United States of America!!

    Quick facts about the US

    • Capital City – Washington D.C
    • 46th President – Joe Biden
    • Independence Day – 4th July 1776
    • Border Countries – Canada and Mexico
    • Motto – In God We Trust
    • National Bird – Bald Eagle
    • National Flower – Rose
    • National Tree – Oak
    • Longest River – Mississippi River (2,348 miles)

    Did you know?

    The distance between New Delhi and Washington D.C is 11,977 km / 7,442 miles!

    “The USA” Way of life!

    There is a multitude of international students who study in the USA and the country brings out enormous international graduates every year. If you are in the US as an international student, part-time jobs are the life saviors with which you can earn a handful amount of money throughout your tenure.

    Students with F1 statuses are eligible to work on campus for 20 hours a week and can work more than that during vacations. There are no hourly limitations during scheduled academic breaks.

    It is easy to acquire a part-time job within the campus itself but still, you have plenty of part-time employment opportunities out there.

    F1 students can work off campus if they have been in the F1 status and have been working on campus for at least a year. You will have a perfect student commune that will help you with the activities, requirements, and concerns. Not just with work, you can also involve yourself in games, athletics, and physical activities that’d be recommended by your educational institution. Some of the games that might interest you are,

    • American Football
    • Rugby
    • Field Hockey
    • Soccer (Football)
    • Ice Hockey
    • Tennis
    • Lacrosse
    • Softball
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Skiing
    • Golf
    • Wrestling
    • Boxing
    • Martial Arts
    • Cheerleading
    • Dodgeball
    • Volleyball

    Intakes in the USA

    An intake is a period when an educational institution opens the gate for student admission for the academic year. There are several intakes in a year in the US. They are,

    Note: Intakes for US and Canada are pretty much the same! Would like to check about Canada Education? Go on…

    Intakes in the US Time Stamp
    Fall Intake September – January
    Winter Intake January – May
    Summer Intake May-August
    • The most popular is the fall intake and the application submissions can be made between November and May. Most of the institutions will unlock all the programs in this intake.
    • For Winter Intake, the applications are submitted between July and December, and this is for those who missed out on the Fall intake or those who deferred their academic year’s commencement.
    • Summer intake is the least chosen intake and programs, and institutions are quite limited but still, you stand a chance to start your education in the USA. For this intake, you can apply between January and March.

    Term Breaks

    You will have your academic term breaks in,

    • December: 4 – 6 Weeks (Winter Break)
    • March / Early April: 4 Weeks (Spring Break)

    Programs and Levels of Education in the USA

    Degrees in the USA are conferred at various levels at colleges and universities. An international student can pursue any of the following levels of education in US institutions.

    • Associate Degree
    • Bachelor’s Degree
    • Master’s Degree
    • Doctoral Degree

    Associate Degree

    An associate degree is a blend of 2 degrees that are offered by community colleges in the US. The first 2 years will get you an associate degree while the second 2 years will earn you a bachelor’s degree.

    Types of Associate Degrees

    There are 3 types of Associate degrees coinciding with 3 different domains

    • Associate of Arts – Business, Humanities, Arts or Social Science programs
    • Associate of Science – Math and Science Programs
    • Associate of Applied Science – Vocational programs including Computer Science Technology, hospitality management, paralegal studies, law enforcement, welding, carpentry, etc.


    • Applicant should have completed a minimum of 18 years
    • Have a high school diploma (equivalent to US education) or should have passed GED (General Education Development) or any other equivalent test.
    • An Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
    • Meet the GPA requirements set up by the college that you apply for.

    Bachelor’s Degree

    The bachelor’s degree in the USA is for 4 years. International students have a choice of selecting their field of study based on their knowledge, high school graduation, and interest. Part-time students can acquire the degree for an extended time at their convenience.


    • Should have completed high school (12th or Diploma) with US equivalency
    • Minimum 2.50 to 3.60 GPA in the previous education
    • An Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0

    Master’s Degree

    A Master’s degree can be completed in a year or two depending upon the choice of course you make, the area of specialization, and the university.


    • A bachelor’s degree
    • GPA of 3.0 to 3.25 in the previous study
    • Should have taken a reasonable GMAT score for Management programs
    • Should have taken a reasonable GRE score in Arts, Science, or humanity programs
    • An overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0


    • This degree, as per the USA education system is commonly known as a PhD
    • Students must first successfully complete their master’s degree to take up a doctorate program

    Note: Some institutions accept Ph.D. applications without a Master’s degree as a Master’s degree is an integral part of the doctoral program.

    • TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or PTE exams are mandatory to be taken up for admissions
    • This program has a duration of 3-6 years depending on your choice of field and research requirements

    Popular programs in the US

    The widespread institutions in the United States offer a plethora of programs and that’s one crucial reason why international students are preferring the country.
    Institutions in the US will deliver an exemplary education in the fields like,

    • Computer Science
    • Engineering
    • Business
    • Math, Physical & Life Sciences
    • Social Sciences
    • Education
    • Fine & Applied arts
    • And the courses from above listed domains are highly chosen by international students

    What are the types of study visas in the US

    There are 3 types of US study visas that include,
    1.F1 study visa – Issued for students enrolled in a full-time program
    2.M1 study visa – Issued for students who attend vocational & technical school programs
    3.J1 study visa – Students who are applying for an exchange program will have to apply for a J1 study visa
    Note: Each visa type will have its own eligibility criteria to be met.

    Other visa services at CanApprove!!

    At CanApprove, we process B1, B2 and F2 visas for the people who are willing to go to the US for a transient time period.

    B1 – B1 is a non-immigrant visa granted to people who will temporarily get into the US for business related purposes.

    B2 – B2 is a non-immigrant visa for tourists who are temporary visitors to the United States.

    B1 & B2 visas can be availed together for a combination of both purposes – Business visit and Tourism

    F2 – F2 is a dependent visa offered to the dependents of F1 study visa holders. The dependents can be spouse and unmarried minor children who are below 21 years.

    Note: The dependents should present SEVIS form I-20 issued in their name to apply for F2 visa.

    Benefits of USA study visa

    Having a study visa in the United States of America bestows the following advantages for international students and those advantages include,

    • Studying in the Top Ranked Institutions on the planet
    • Exploring the disparate landscapes of America
    • Highest quality of education and an innovative education system
    • A bunch of scholarships and financial aid for international students
    • Enjoy a Brilliant Scope of Research
    • Have high academic flexibility
    • Getting conferred with an internationally acknowledged degree
    • Getting introduced to an international lifestyle and cultural diversity
    • Stand chances to get employed in fortune 500 companies.
    • Bring your spouse and children to the US
    • Provisions to work on campus
    • 5000+ institutions to choose from

    And, another crucial and noteworthy benefit is, you have citizenship pathways like a green card after completing your education and working there for a few years. All you have to do is, obtain a study visa in the US.

    US education system

    The peculiar education system of the country is what makes the US a desirable overseas education destination. The academic-student relationship is fostered right from the beginning of the program through a tailored learning pattern and updated curriculum.
    Institutions in the US follow a teaching methodology that incorporates,

    • Lecture
    • Discussion
    • Observation
    • Practical Application
    • Case studies and real-world examples
    • Experiential or active learning
    • Computer-based instructions

    Student performance is constantly assessed through,

    • Classroom participation
    • Quizzes
    • Home tests
    • Lab work
    • Assignments
    • Presentations

    Scholarships in the US

    Apart from all the other benefits, something is really tangible and makes your US education worthwhile. The scholarships, there are many scholarships available for international students. Availing of yours will save a part of your expense of tuition fees.

    Some of the scholarships in the US for international students are,

    Academic Scholarships
    These scholarships are offered to international students by universities, colleges, or private organizations based on the candidates’ high school grades and ACT or SAT exam scores.

    Sports Scholarships
    Are you a sports enthusiast? You’ve got many sports scholarships in US institutions. But, what’s important to be noted is, these scholarships are very competitive and difficult to avail because many high school athletes apply for sports scholarships to get the college they want.

    Average Academic Scholarships
    Alongside academics, these scholarships are awarded based on the overall performance of a student which includes extracurricular activities, artistic skills, community work, leadership quality, etc…

    Need-Based Scholarships
    Need-based scholarships are for people whose income background is low. Many US universities offer need-based scholarships to US residents. However, some institutions offer this scholarship for international students too!

    Country-Based Scholarships
    Many US universities are offering country-based scholarships to international students who are from developing countries to encourage their higher education process. Even some private institutions are offering this scholarship to international students.

    University Scholarships
    University scholarships are awarded to international students who meet the eligibility criteria. To avail of this scholarship, there will condition like meeting the eligibility in a particular field of study. And these are entrance-based scholarships that are sponsored by the alumni through private donations.

    Privately Funded Scholarships
    Again, these are scholarships awarded to international students by private businesses, individual donors, alumni communities, etc. But comparatively, this scholarship will have stringent eligibility criteria and are very selective in awarding the scholarships for particular knit like minorities, students from developing countries, women, etc.

    Government-Funded Scholarships
    There are scholarships offered by the US government for international students to promote the globalization of their educational system. As an international student, you will stand a chance to apply and avail of this scholarship in the wake of applying for US education.

    Post Graduate Work Permit

    International education in the US confers not only a globally acknowledged degree but also Post Graduate Work permit of up to 24 months after graduation. There is also a PGWP extension of up to 12 months for OPT (Optional Practical Training).

    So, international education in the United States earns you a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years of work permit after the completion of your program.

    Things to know!

    CPT – Curricular Practical Training

    The CPT status permits international students with F1 study visa to gain work experience through employment training and internships with stipend in their area of study. You are obliged to complete your CPT before graduation.

    OPT – Optional Practical Training

    OPT is for international students with F1 study visa to gain work experience after graduation. OPT applies for both bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Your Designated School Official (DSO) will recommend OPT in SEVIS.

    OPT is of 2 types,
    1. Pre-completion OPT
    2. Post-completion OPT

    Pre-Completion OPT – This can be applied after completing the first academic year of your program under the SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) certified institution. This status permits you to work part-time up to 20 hours per week or full time before your program ends.

    Post-Completion OPT – This can be applied upon the completion of your program. Being eligible for post-completion OPT will let you work for 20 hours per week part-time or full time.

    Note: You can participate in both pre and post completion OPT but your pre completion time will be deducted from the post completion OPT authorization time and you have to work accordingly, exploiting the remaining granted time.

    Types of Institutions in the USA

    • Public Universities, State College, or University – Public universities are governed by the state government and financially supported by public taxes.
    • Private Universities – Private universities receive their operational funds from endowments, donations, and other private sources and not from the government.
    • Technical Institutes – Technical institutes are well known for their technological research. They offer certificates and other short-term programs to train the students.
    • Community Colleges – Community colleges provide two years of associate degree programs, whether it be a public or private institution.

    Notable institutions in the US

    The US has many globally renowned institutions for you to set up your overseas education. Some of those include,

    Ivy League Universities

    • Brown University – Rhode Island
    • Columbia University, New York
    • Cornell University, New York
    • Dartmouth College, New Hampshire
    • Harvard University, Massachusetts
    • Princeton University, New Jersey
    • University of Pennsylvania (U Penn), Pennsylvania
    • Yale University, CT Illinois Institute of Technology – Chicago

    A step-by-step guide to applying for a study visa in the US

    If you are looking to apply for a US study visa, this step-by-step guide will help you.

    Step 1: First, choose the desired program and shortlist the university of your choice which offers the program you look for.

    Step 2: Appear for any of the English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo or PTE and Standardized tests like SAT/ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT. As taking these tests are an important obligation for international education, make sure that you have taken your test with the required benchmark scores.

    Step 3: Apply for the institution earlier. Have your intakes selected and know your application deadlines to apply. Receive the offer letter upon successfully applying for the institution.

    Step 4: Complete the SEVIS process. You have to pay a mandated fee to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). This fee is different from the visa application fees.

    Step 5: Apply for a study visa (F1, M1, or J1). Your program of study determines what study visa you have to apply for.

    Step 6: Find the nearest US embassy or consulate to apply for the international student visa. Make the visa application fee payment and file your visa application.

    Step 7: Complete the visa interview – schedule the interview at the nearest US embassy that you selected and wait for the call. Carry all the necessary documents. Once called go for the interview and answer the questions asked. Justify the reason for choosing your institution, program, and particularly the US.

    Step 8: Receive your visa – You will get to know about your visa approval at the end of your interview and upon successful approval, you will receive it stamped within 3 to 7 days.

    Bonus step! Pretty important tooo!

    Approach a registered overseas education consultant. Because it’s easier said than done. The above-explained process might seem easy but demands expertise in visa filing and admission procedures. You might find it churning and miss out on crucial steps, but an education counselor will never leave you to fail and constantly impel your application toward success.

    CanApprove is a registered overseas education and immigration firm that’s been in the field for 25 years now! Established by a group of immigration lawyers, the organization has been helping numerous abroad aspirants realize their dream all these years. We have 500+ direct and associate tie-ups with renowned institutions in the US.

    We are registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC membership # R422511) and Registre Quebecois des Consultants en Immigration Reconnus (RQIC#11548)) and are Certified by American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)

    We have placed over 30000+ students worldwide with our experienced and certified international education counsellors.

    We are widespread across the world and the offshoots of our offices are in,


    • Vancouver, British Columbia


    • Thrissur
    • Thiruvalla
    • Cochin
    • Kottayam
    • Kattapana
    • Mavelikkara


    • Bangalore


    • South Morang, Victoria

    Tamil Nadu

    • Coimbatore
    • Chennai
    • Trichy

    Middle East

    • Dubai
    • Qatar

    Our education counsellors trained by US admission officers will assess your profile and offer you tailored consultations. They suggest you with well happening programs and institutions to set your US education immaculately. Talk to our experts now!


    Find your Course now!

    Course finder

    Get in Touch

    Just a few steps to get it started!

      [honeypot 953b1362b63bd3ecf68]

      Frequently Asked Questions

      Will I get Scholarships in US as an international student?

      Yes, there are many scholarships available for international students in the US. Given that, you have to meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship to be awarded with one.

      Can I take my family to the US when I have a US study visa?

      Yes, you can take your spouse and children (under 21) to the US when you have an F1 study visa. They will accompany you with an F2 dependent visa

      How long can I stay and work in US after completing my course?

      An international student, after completing the education in US can stay up to 3 years in the US and work there.

      Do all the institutions require IELTS to study in US?

      IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo or PTE, any of these language proficiency tests are mandatory to be taken before starting your international education in the US.

      Is CanApprove a registered overseas education consultant?

      Yes, CanApprove is a consultancy that’s registered with College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) and American International Recruitment Council (AIRC).



      Enquire Now Call Now