Table of Contents
The Great White North has always been a place welcoming people from all over the world, helping them to elevate their standards of life by offering them the best services in every single field, making Canada one of the best places for immigrants.
- Individuals who wish to migrate to Quebec under family class sponsorship migration must have a close relative who is ready to sponsor them, and that the sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident residing in Quebec.
- Therefore, if you are willing to become a sponsor then you must make sure that you are a permanent resident of Canada and are willing to settle in Quebec.
- You must first file an application with the Provincial immigration authorities. If you are found eligible to sponsor, then you ought to submit an undertaking including an application by the sponsored person for Quebec Selection Certificate(CSQ) to the government of Quebec.
- If you intend to sponsor any of your family members, you must make sure that you are financially self-sufficient to support them. As a sponsor, it’s imperative that you make sure your family does not seek help of the government for financial assistance.
- There are two different procedure for sponsoring your family to Quebec which are: sponsoring your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children and to sponsor other eligible relatives.
Procedure Of Applying
- Obtain an authorization to sponsor from the Federal Government
- Apply for the Quebec Selection Certificate
- Sign an undertaking with the Provincial Authorities
- Apply for Permanent Resident Status from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Meet the legal requirements
- Issuance of the Canadian Permanent Residence.
To Be A Sponsor
- You and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your relative, on demand. This agreement also states that the person becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support themselves.
- You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.
- You must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25 years of age, whichever comes first.
Sponsoring A Spouse, Partner Or Dependent Child
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident residing in Quebec to sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children (including children adopted by you prior to settling in Quebec).
- You must be at least 18 years old to be a sponsor.
- You can apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent children live with you in Quebec, even if they do not have legal status in Canada.
- You can also apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children live outside Canada, provided they meet all the requirements.
- When you sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada, you must demonstrate that you can support them.
- Also, if the dependent child you are sponsoring has a child of his or her own, you must satisfy the same financial requirements.
Quebec Sponsorship Fee, As On January 1st, 2017
|Spouse/De facto Spouse
|Each dependent child
Do you intend to migrate to Quebec under Quebec family class sponsorship? Then opt for CanApprove Services! Contact the team of expert consultants at CanApprove services and be benefitted.