MBBS in Georgia
June 9, 2018
Georgia is one of the most popular international destinations to study MBBS and for a number of reasons, Georgia can also be termed as the best place to pursue MBBS. The medical colleges in Georgia are recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and Medical Council of India (MCI). Moreover, MBBS in Georgia is marked by low education cost, high-quality medical education, and safe environment.
But there are a few things that you must know before heading to pursue MBBS in Georgia, which are listed out here:
MBBS in Georgia: Things you must know
In order to be eligible to apply for MBBS in Georgia, a student must be above 18 years of age and must have passed Plus Two or equivalent with minimum 50% marks. They must also have studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English at Plus Two level.
Documents required to apply for MBBS in Georgia
The documents required for admission to MBBS in Georgia include:
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th
- Transfer certificate/Leaving Certificate (in English)
- Birth Certificate (in English)
- Migration Certificate
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Bank statement of the guardian(of six months)
- Medical certificate
The steps involved in the application procedure for admission to MBBS in Georgia are:
- Fill the application form
- Submit scanned copies of important documents
- Get admission letter from university
The steps involved in admission procedure for MBBS in Georgia:
- Fill the application form
- Receive offer letter from university
- Pay the registration fee
- Apply for Georgia visa
- Fly to Georgia once you get the visa
The whole curriculum of MBBS in Georgia has a total of 360 credits. Out of this, 300 credits are for 10 semesters involving five years of MBBS coursework. Sixth year is for practical work and has 60 credits.
All the universities that offer MBBS in Georgia have hostel facilities for students. If the students don't want to stay in hostels, they can choose other accommodation options such as private hotels, home-stays, lodges or apartments.
A few facts about Georgia
Universities approved by Medical Council of India(MCI) for MBBS in Georgia
- Georgia is located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia
- Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia
- Georgian is the official language of the country
- The average temperature in summer is between 20 °C to 24 °C. The average temperature in winter is between 2 °C to 4 °C
- Time difference is between India and Georgia is 1.30 hours
- Orthodox Christianity is the main religion in Georgia
- AIETI" Medical School
- AkakiTsereteli State University
- Batumi ShotaRustaveli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- East Europeon University, Georgia
- European University
- Georgian American University
- Georgian National University
- High Medical School "Ayeti"
- IvaneJavakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- Kutaisi Medical Institute "Kutaisi"
- LLC Caucasus International University
- New Vision University
- PetreShotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Medical University "Hippocrates"
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University
- Tbilisi Public University "Metekhi"
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi
- University of Georgia
For expert assistance to study MBBS in Georgia, contact us