As the ripple effects of the covid pandemic are still severe and difficult to overcome, let’s use the stat of the pre-covid times. As of the statistics of 2019 to be exact, 404,165 study permits were issued in Canada out of which close to 140,000 students belonged to India. This cohort of Indian students who landed in Canada is by far the largest annual intake and sums up the total number of Indian students to have issued study permit to 410,000 since 2015.
Peeping into 2020, more than 34 per cent of Canada’s consolidated international student population of 642,480 which is 219,855 was Indian. Factually, it was happy to witness the Indian student count quadruple in the last five consecutive years. It is expected that the same trend continues and many Indians find Canada as an appropriate destination to study and launch a successful career over other countries in the future too!
Canada has always remained a paradise for international education aspirants. Have you at any point wondered why?
Let me explain!
- Quality Education
- Earning-while-learning opportunities
- Affordable tuition fees
- PR gateways
- Tolerant & multicultural country
Above all, it has to be remembered that the crucial reason behind why there are so many Indian students in Canada is because of the exemplary education quality that the country offers. The institutions in Canada turn out incredibly skilled professionals. These globally famous establishments draw in top educators and deal courses fitted to an evolving economy. Along these lines, if you look for international exposure and prepare yourself for the competitive workforce, Canadian education is what you have to rely on!
As a student in Canada from India, you can earn while you learn. This permits you to pay for your college or school all while acquiring significant work experience. Many countries don’t provide consent for this, and that is one main reason why such a great student count is deciding to consider studying in Canada from India.
Affordable tuition fees
While Indian students have to pay a little more than the Canadian nationals to study in Canada, this still is competitive than other countries like the US, Australia and the UK that contemporarily offer international education. Moreover, the cost to study complete depends on the program and the university or college chosen by the student. So, start planning, NOW!
Research from the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) shows that about 60% of international students in Canada have expressed interest in becoming permanent residents after completing their education. Applicants with Canadian education and work experience are offered additional points in the Canadian Express Entry immigration system.
Tolerant & multicultural country
The benevolent and being nature of the country is the international student crowd puller. In 2018, about 79 per cent of international students in Canada surveyed by CBIE referred to the nation’s multicultural and tolerant character as a reason for choosing it as their study destination.
How to obtain a Canadian student visa from India?
Canada is chosen as the appropriate study destination by international students for many reasons. As a matter of consideration, India has an extending working-class populace where attaining education is highly esteemed. Furthermore, numerous students looking forward to studying in Canada from India have solid English capability. These variables joined with the receptiveness of the Canadian education system, have made a powerful blend for the two players, bringing about an uptick in the number of qualified Indian students applying for different programs offered by Canadian institutions. Here are some choices for you.
To be qualified for a study permit in Canada, Indian students can hope to fulfil the following requirements:
- Acquire a letter of acceptance from DLI – Designated Learning Institution
- Prove that you have enough funds to cover the primary year of educational cost, just as living costs and transportation. This implies guaranteeing that you, as an international student, have CAD 10,000 each year alongside the educational expenses (somewhat more if your planned program is in Quebec).
- Students who anticipate bringing a relative should show an extra CAD 4,000 each year, in addition to CAD 3,000 for each extra relative.
- Satisfy Canadian immigration officials that you will leave Canada in the wake of completing your education and once after the end of your study permit.
- Be admissible to Canada (police historical verifications or potentially a clinical test might be mentioned).
Note that there might be extra prerequisites for students wishing to get an education in Canada from India, contingent upon the candidate’s individual conditions.
Student Direct Stream
Under the Student Direct Stream (SDS Canada), Indian understudies can have their fast-track process of study permit applications, given that they meet progressive criteria to qualify.
Generally, the SDS Canada permits Indian students who show that they have the monetary resources and language abilities to succeed scholastically in Canada. The administration standard for Canada’s Student Direct Stream handling is 20 days.
To be eligible to apply for Student Direct Stream, candidates need to meet extra necessities, specifically language levels that are stricter than regular study permit prerequisites. Also, an important part for acceptance through the Student Direct Stream is presenting a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) showing you have CAD 10,000 or higher deposited in your bank account.
To be considered qualified for a Canadian Student Direct Stream, you should attach the following with your application:
- A copy of the Acceptance Letter from DLI
- A copy of the medical examination document
- Proof of funds called Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000,
- Most updated educational transcripts
- Proof that you’ve paid the educational expenses for your first year of study, and
- Proof that you moved on from a Canadian educational program secondary school or a language test results showing a score of a minimum of 6 for English (International English Language Testing System), or Niveaux de compétence Linguistique Canadiens score of a minimum of 7 for French (Test d’évaluation de français)
I hope this blog helped you! To plan your overseas education to Canada effortlessly, connect with our education coordinators. We will make your process hassle-free. CanApprove is right here to make your overseas education dream come true!