Table of Contents
Canada Family Sponsorship:
Family reunification is one of the major mandates of the immigration department of Canada. So it allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents of at least 18 years of age are entitled to sponsor the following family members:
- Spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner
- Dependent children
- Brothers and sisters
- Other relatives (i.e., an orphaned niece or nephew).
These family members can be sponsored under the following categories (each category has its own set of requirements) of the Canada Sponsorship Visa depending on their eligibility:
- Spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner visa
- Dependent visa
- Parent and grandparent super visa
- Family-based provincial nominee visa
- Family sponsor visa
Through Canada Family Sponsorship Visa, you can sponsor a person as your spouse if that person is married to you. If you want to sponsor your common-law partner, you and that other person must have cohabited in a conjugal relationship for at least one year, and your relationship with that person is continuing, even though you are temporarily living apart. To be eligible to sponsor a conjugal partner under the Canada Family Sponsorship Visa residing outside Canada, you must have maintained a conjugal relationship with him for at least one year, which means you have been in a committed and mutually interdependent relationship of some permanence.
As per Canada Family Sponsorship law, no minimum income is required for sponsoring your spouse, common law or conjugal partner, except if the spouse or partner has dependent children. Canadian citizens not residing in Canada can also sponsor their spouse, common law or conjugal partner.
Canada Family Sponsorship Visa Eligibility:
- The sponsor needs to demonstrate their ability to financially support the family members being sponsored during their initial stay period (varies between 3 – 10 years).
- Canada Family Sponsorship laws demand the sponsor to provide documents showing his/her finances from the past 12 months to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) so they can determine if the sponsor is able to financially support the members he/she is sponsoring.
- The sponsor and the person being sponsored under Canada Sponsorship visa need to sign an agreement that confirms that they understand their mutual obligations and responsibilities.
- As per the rules of Canada Family Sponsorship, the sponsor needs to sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic needs of the family members they are sponsoring.
- Through Canada Family Sponsorship, you can make your relatives permanent residents, and they can live, study and work in Canada.
Other Information On Canada Family Sponsorship Visa:
The Canada family sponsorship visa also includes the ability to sponsor orphaned relatives, such as a niece, nephew, grandchild, brother, and sister. However, the sponsored orphaned relative must be under the age of 19 and not married or involved in a common-law relationship.
Canada family sponsorship laws mandate that written consent must be obtained from any legal guardian before the child that is being sponsored can leave their home country.
If you have a spouse, partner, or child at the time you become a permanent resident as per the Canada family sponsorship laws, you must tell immigration authorities. If you do not, you will not be able to sponsor them later and you could also have problems with your own status in Canada.
As of October 24, 2017, according to IRCC, principal applicants of Canada Family Sponsorship Visa may include their children aged 21 and under, who are not married or in a common-law relationship, on their immigration application.
CanApprove Immigration Services provides a wide range of legal services internationally, including immigration, education and legal consultation. By delivering comprehensive and up-to-date immigration advice and services to individuals, families and SME business owners worldwide, our Immigration Services are designed to equip our clients with thorough information enabling them to make informed decisions.
For the last 20 years, we have been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and services, guaranteeing our clients a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way. For more information on Canada Family Sponsorship Visa, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors, and highly trained instructors.
10 Reasons to Choose Canada...
Canada is the world’s second largest country (by area) with 36.5 million people residing in its 10 provinces and 3 territories. 1.STANDARD OF LIVING...
4 Important things you should look into before immigrating to Quebec...
Quebec attracts thousands of immigrants every year with its unique French heritage and low cost of living. But Quebec is like a different country with...
5 Tips that can help you to improve your CRS scores...
The Express Entry system that manages three popular Canada immigration pathways-the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), Federal Skilled Trades Class ...
A Brief About Immigration to Canada from India...
Of late, immigration to Canada from India has become a great option for many Indians to build a bright future for themselves and their families in Can...
A wonderful future awaits you in Canada!...
High living standards, numerous career opportunities, beautiful landscapes. In every sense, Canada is the dreamland of those who wish for better oppor...
All you need to know about Canada Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)...
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship (IRCC), in a news release issued on August 20, announced that it would accept up to 20,000 new sponsorship appl...