In the first Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program(SINP) draw of 2023, the province invited 421 immigration candidates to apply for provincial nomination. The draw held on February 16 targeted candidates belonging to Occupations In-Demand Stream and Express Entry stream under the SINP. A total of 243 invitations were issued to Occupations In-Demand stream candidates and 177 invitations to Express Entry stream candidates. The selected candidates also have work experience in one of the 104 targeted occupations. The minimum provincial score they required was 84. The remaining invitation went to an applicant from Ukraine.
Saskatchewan Expression of Interest system
In order to receive an invitation to apply for provincial nomination through the Saskatchewan Expression of Interest system, a candidate must first submit an Expression of Interest to the SINP. Eligible candidates will then enter the Expression of Interest pool from where they will be selected in the draws that are conducted regularly and invited to apply for a provincial nomination from Saskatchewan. The invited candidates can submit the full application for provincial nomination within 60 days of receiving the invitation. SINP officials will assess these applications and make a decision on the same.
SINP Occupation-In-Demand Sub-category: Eligibility requirements
To be eligible under the SINP Occupation-In-Demand sub-category, a candidate must score at least 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid. The other requirements are:
- Minimum language proficiency equal to Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 4
- Minimum post-secondary level education that has led to a diploma, certificate or degree.
- Must have the Educational Credential Assessment(ECA) done if the educational qualifications were obtained from outside Canada.
- At least one year of work experience in an eligible occupation obtained within the past 10 years.
- Appropriate license in Saskatchewan
- Proof of settlement fund and settlement plan
Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category
To be eligible under the Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A valid Express Entry profile and job seeker validation code
- Minimum 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid
- Valid language test results to prove language proficiency
- Minimum post-secondary level education that has led to a diploma, certificate or degree
- Educational Credential Assessment(ECA), if the degrees or diplomas are obtained from outside Canada
- Work experience in the field of education or training occupation. It can be:
One year work experience obtained in the past 10 years in a skilled, non-trades profession.
Two years of work experience in a skilled trade obtained in the past five years
One year of Canadian work experience obtained in the past three years(trades or non-trades)
- The work experience should be in an eligible occupation
- Should have obtained appropriate licensure in Saskatchewan, if the profession is regulated or a skilled trade.
- For skilled trades, the candidate must also obtain a certificate from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
- Proof of settlement funds.
Do you wish to know more about PNP immigration to Canada? Talk to the Canada immigration experts of CanApprove. Contact us now!