In the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)’s Expression of Interest draw held on December 15, the province invited 635 candidates to apply for provincial nomination. Among those invited, 285 were Occupations In-Demand stream candidates and 348 were Express Entry stream candidates. The invitations targeted 119 National Occupational Classification codes and the candidates required a minimum score of 82. The remaining two invitations were issued to candidates who had listed their country of residence as Ukraine.
Saskatchewan Expression of Interest system
To receive an invitation from Saskatchewan through a skilled worker program, a candidate must first submit an Expression of Interest to the SINP. Upon submitting the Expression of Interest, the candidate will enter the EOI candidate pool. The candidates’ profiles will be assessed and an EOI score will be provided on the basis of various eligibility factors. Those with the highest scores will be invited to apply for a provincial nomination from Saskatchewan. The candidates can submit the application within 60 days. The SINP officials will assess the applications and issue provincial nomination to the candidates who meet the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility requirements under the Occupations-In-Demand sub-category
Following are the eligibility requirements under the Occupations In Demand sub-category
– Minimum 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid
– Minimum language score equal to Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 4
– Post-secondary level education with a duration of at least one year.
– The candidate must have obtained a diploma, certificate or degree post their course.
– Those who have obtained their degrees and diplomas from out side Canada must have their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done.
– Minimum one year of work experience obtained in the past 10 years.
– Appropriate professional license, if required
– Settlement funds and settlement plan
– Application fee of $300
Eligibility requirements for Express Entry sub-category
-An active Express Entry profile, profile number and job seeker validation code
– Minimum score of 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid
– Required level of language proficiency
– At least one year of post-secondary level education.
– The candidate must have earned a diploma, certificate or degree.
– Minimum one year of work experience
– Work experience must be in a highly skilled eligible occupation.
– Appropriate professional licence, if required
– Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan
– Application fee of $300