The latest Ontario Express Entry draw invited 510 Skilled Trades Stream candidates to apply for a provincial nomination. The draw targeted candidates with work experience in any of the following five specific occupations, which were:
- NOC 72024 – Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- NOC 72106 – Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 72204 – Telecommunications line and cable installers and repairers
- NOC 72310 – Carpenters
- NOC 73112 – Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
The Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score of the invited candidates ranged between 260 and 489. The candidates were those who had submitted their profiles between February 9, 2022 and February 9, 2023.
Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades Stream
To be eligible under the Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- An active Express Entry profile
- At least one year of full-time work experience in Ontario. The work experience should be acquired within the last two years before obtaining the Notification of Interest. Also, it should be in an occupation classified under NOC 72 (excluding occupations under transportation officers), 73, 82, 83, 93 (excluding aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors) or minor group 6320 (excluding cooks).
- A valid work permit
- Must be residing in Ontario
- Minimum language proficiency equal to CLB/NCLC level 5 in English or French
- Proof of settlement funds
Express Entry immigration through PNP
Almost all Provincial Nominee Programs have at least one immigration pathway aligned to the Federal Express Entry. Ontario Skilled Trades Stream is one such pathway aligned to the Express Entry. Under the program, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program or the OINP selects eligible candidates from the federal Express Entry pool and issues them Nominations of Interest(NoIs). Those who receive the Notification of Interest may submit the complete application and supporting documents within 45 days of receiving the NoI. If you successfully apply, you will receive 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score points along with the provincial nomination. This would guarantee them an invitation to apply for permanent residence in a subsequent federal Express Entry draw. Besides, the IRCC sometimes conducts PNP-specific draws that exclusively target PNP candidates.
Do you wish to know more about Canada PNP immigration? Talk to the Canada immigration experts of CanApprove. Contact us now.