In the two new Expression of Interest draws held by the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP) on January 24, the province invited 622 immigration candidates to apply for provincial nomination. The first draw targeted candidates under the Ontario Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream. A total of 620 invitations were issued to these candidates and the minimum EOI score was 82. The remaining two invitations were issued to Ontario Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream. The candidates were selected from those who had submitted their profiles between November 22, 2022 and January 24, 2023.
Ontario Expression of Interest system
The Expression of Interest system of Ontario assesses candidates on the basis of the following factors:
- Language proficiency
- Intention to settle outside the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skills and work experience
- Labour market needs of the province.
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
In order to be eligible under this stream, the candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B.
🔷The job must meet the low wage levels of Ontario and it should be a position necessary for the business.
🔷If the candidate is already working in this position, the proposed wage must be equal to or greater than their current wage.
- At least two years of education in a Canadian college or university.
- It can also be a full-time post-graduate diploma of at least one year from a publicly-funded Canadian College or University.
- Must be legally staying in Ontario
- Must demonstrate intention to settle in Ontario.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B
🔷It must meet the median wage levels of Ontario
🔷The position must be necessary for business.
- If the candidate is already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal to or greater than their current wage.
- Two years of cumulative work experience
- Mandatory professional licence.
- Live abroad or work or study in Canada legally
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Do you wish to know more about Canada PNP immigration? Talk to the Canada immigration experts of CanApprove. Contact us now!