Quebec will admit 30,000 skilled immigrants every year once its new declaration of interest system for economic immigration comes into force on August 2, 2018. Since 2016, Quebec immigration system has not accepted any new applications.
The new Quebec Declaration of Interest System is expected to make the processing of the applications for immigration faster and reduce the processing time to less than a year.
The proposed changes to the Quebec immigration system were announced by Provincial Immigration Minister David Heurtel on Twitter on July 3rd, 2018. The minister expressed hope that the new Quebec Declaration of Interest System, which is similar to the Express Entry System, will make the Quebec immigration System more modern, effective and efficient. He had previously termed these changes as ‘revolutionary’.
Quebec Declaration of Interest System
The process of applying for immigration under the new Quebec Declaration of Interest System is as follows:
- Candidate submits a declaration of interest to Quebec immigration
- Candidates with high scores are invited to apply for Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
- Candidate submits the application for CSQ to the Quebec immigration ministry
- Upon receiving the CSQ, the candidate can submit the federal application
New Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)
Changes will also be introduced to the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) on August 2, 2018. Under the new program, minimum investment has been hiked from $800,000 to $1.2 million. The minimum required net worth amount has also been hiked from $1.6 million to $2 million.
The minimum requirements for candidates to immigrate to Quebec under the new Quebec Immigrant Investor Program:
- A personal net worth of $2 million, which is legally acquired
- Management or business experience of two years, earned within the five years preceding the submission of application
- A passive government guaranteed investment worth $1.2 million for five years with no interest
- Intention to settle in Quebec
Contact us to know more about Quebec immigration