The high number of Indian students in Australian universities is driving the size of international student population in Australia to record heights, according recent reports. More than 62000 Indian students are pursuing various courses in the universities here. The total number of international students studying in Australian universities is around half a million, the highest number ever.
Australian Financial Review says that the student enrolments in Australian universities from India witnessed a 17 percent rise during the one-year period from February 2017 to February 2018. The number of Chinese student enrolments also witnessed a 16 percent rise. The total number of international students enrolled in Australian universities during this period was 509,610.
Why Indian students prefer Australia?
- The US has been the most favorite destination of Indian students for a very long time. But the tightening of visa policies by the Trump government has compelled more Indian students to turn towards Australia for quality education
- Australia is issuing more number of student visas than ever before. Welcoming visa policies and attractive course content are increasingly prompting Indian students to come to Australia for higher education
- Increased awareness about the high quality of Australian higher education is another reason for the rise in the number of Indian students in Australian universities. Many Australian universities are internationally ranked in quality and maintain highest standards in teaching and research
- As there are a lot of similarities between Indian and Australian education systems, it is easier for the Indian students to adapt to the education system in Australia. For example, both countries follow the 10+2+3 education structure
- Better chances for getting employment in Australia and settling there are other major attractions.
Contact us to know if you are eligible for study programs abroad!