Table of Contents
What Is Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ?
- Individuals who have either worked in Quebec or have studied in Quebec are eligible to apply under the Quebec Experience Class Program.
- This program is also intended for a Quebec temporary foreign worker who holds a skilled job and meet certain conditions, such as demonstrating advanced intermediate knowledge of spoken French. Quebec job opportunities for foreigners are vast and quebec work permit requirements are uncomplicated.
- Quebec temporary foreign worker program does not require a selection grid or interview procedure and does not consider the spouse’s or de facto spouse’s characteristics. You are entitled to apply for CSQ if you hold a post-graduation work permit.
Eligibility Criteria For Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
- Must intend to settle down in Quebec
- Should have worked in Quebec with a primary goal of working.
- Must have worked as a skilled temporary foreign worker legally or under a youth exchange program.
- Must have taken up a full-time job at a managerial or professional level for a period of 1-2 years.
- The selected occupation/job must be under the National Occupational Classification for levels O, A or B.
- Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge of oral French.
- Must be financially self-sufficient and undertake to provide support to oneself and where applicable, those of your spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in your application for CSQ for a minimum period of 3 months.
When To Apply For Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
- A skilled temporary worker residing in Quebec, must wait until you complete at least 12 months of full time employment before submitting your application for CSQ.
- Employment natures opted by skilled temporary foreign worker must be at a managerial, professional or technical level and the occupation must be from the National occupation list.
- Make sure that your 12 months of work must have been completed over 24 months preceding your application.
- In addition to these, you must hold a paid job while applying for PEQ.
Job Eligibility Criteria Under Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
What kind of jobs are in quebec and what are it requirements, find below:
- A full time skilled jobs practiced legally (minimum 30 hours of work)
- The job must be at the managerial, professional or technical level (levels 0, A or B, under the National Occupational Classification).
- No part-time work experience is considered when applying under PEQ for temporary foreign worker program.
- Self-employed/ business owners are also not considered under PEQ
- You must demonstrate an advanced intermediate level of oral French language to apply for PEQ under temporary foreign worker category.
- If you intend to apply for skilled temporary foreign worker program then you must submit an attested results of French test or diploma recognized by the ministry with a level of 7 in oral production.
Other Essential Information
If you hold an eligible Québec diploma, you can also submit your application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise – Québec Graduate, if the selection conditions are more advantageous for you.
Want to know more on PEQ? Contact the team of expert consultants at CanApprove and be benefitted!