July 28, 2017
Australia is currently facing a scarcity of skilled workers in the country and is, therefore, wholeheartedly welcoming skilled immigrants from different parts of the world. The fact that Australia has a strong economy and high standard of living, it is a much sought-after place among aspiring immigrants. If you are a skilled worker planning to immigrate to Australia, it is important to know about the Skilled Worker Visa for Australian migration.
Australia General Skilled Migration Visa
The first step towards attaining an Australian visa in General Skilled Migration
(GSM) category is earning enough points to prove your eligibility. These points are given based on the age, trade, experience, English language ability and more. You will get additional points if you have close relatives in Australia. You will also get more points if you have been sponsored by the state.
Getting the scores is not enough, but you have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect. If you receive an invitation, you can submit the visa application within 60 days.
Skilled Worker Visas for Australian migration: Best options
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa is a permanent GSM visa and it does not require sponsorship from an Australian State/Territory Government or family member in the country. In order to get this visa, you must first submit an EoI through SkillSelect, and receive an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to apply for a visa. After receiving the invitation, you must submit the application within 60 days.
Other criteria for applicants are:
- Obtain minimum pass mark in the Skilled Migration Points Test, which presently is 60
- Be in the age group of 18 to 44 years
- Sail through Skills Assessment in a profession on the Occupations List for the Skilled Independent visas
- Have reasonably good English skills
- Fulfill the health & character conditions
Skilled Nominated Subcategory 190 Visa
In order to apply for this particular General Migration Visa, the candidate must have a nomination from a State or Territory Administration. You must first submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) through SkillSelect and receive an invitation to apply.
After you get an invitation to present an application for a skilled visa, you must submit the application within 60 days.
Other requirements are:
- Pass the skilled migration points test
- Be in the age group of 18 to 44
- Undergo and succeed in the Skills Assessment in a line of work on the State/Territory Nominated Occupations List
- Possess at least Competent English level.
- Meet health & character requirements.