Table of Contents
Australia Skilled Regional Visa
The Australian Continent is a land filled with diversities and beautiful landscapes. But still, there are areas in Australia where the population is less when compared to other Australian Provinces. As an effort to balance the population factor, the Australian Government came up with the Australia Skilled Regional Visa.
What is An Australia Skilled Regional Visa?
The Australia Skilled Regional Visa allows workers who are skilled to live & work in a metropolitan region which has low-population growth for a period of up to four years. There are three pathways to obtain the Australia Skilled Regional Visa:
The Extended Stay Pathway: –
Applicants who currently hold either one of the below-listed visas will be eligible through this pathway.
- Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa
- Skilled Independent Regional Visa
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Provisional Visa
- Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa
The applicant should have met all the visa conditions at least two years before applying through this path. The applicant can work under any employer without any imposed restrictions.
The Invited Pathway: –
The Invited Pathway serves as an alternative for those applicants who do not meet the extended pathway requirements. The applicant must be
- Nominated by an Australian State or a government agency Or Must be sponsored by a relative who is eligible & living in an area which is designated.
The Subsequent Entry Pathway: –
The Subsequent Entry Pathway suits best for applicants who is a member of a family unit possessing an Australia Skilled Regional Visa or a subclass 475, 495, 487 or 496 visas.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for Australia Skilled Regional Visa?
In order to obtain an Australia Skilled Regional Visa, the applicant should meet the following requirements.
- The applicant should hold a subclass visa (475, 487, 438 or 496).
- A state or territory government agency should nominate the applicant which is the invited pathway method.
- The applicant should be invited to apply.
- The applicant should definitely have a relevant occupation.
- The applicant should have a skills assessment which is suitable for the occupation.
- The applicant should obtain a pass mark of 60 points which is the set criteria.
- The applicant should not be aged above 45 years at the time of invitation.
- The applicant should possess a competent level of English.
What Can the Applicant Do with An Australia Skilled Regional Visa?
Listed below states what an applicant can do on obtaining an Australia Skilled Regional Visa:
- The applicant can stay in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.
- The applicant can study & work in specified regions of Australia.
- The applicant can travel as many times as he wants until the visa is valid.
- The applicant can apply for permanent residence provided he/she is eligible through (Skilled Regional Visa)
Other Important Things You Should Know About Australia Skilled Regional Visa:-
- The cost of an Australia Skilled Regional Visa would be somewhere about AUD 3670.
- The applicant can be in or outside Australia during the time of the application. The location will not be an issue.
- The visa lasting period will depend on the pathway you choose.
- The applicant cannot re-apply or extend this visa in any situation.
- The applicant can include his/her partner and children.
- The processing time for Australia Skilled Regional Visa would be between 7 – 9 months.
To know how CanApprove can help you regarding Australia Skilled Regional Visa, get in touch with our experts.