Canapprove WHATSAPP

5 Important Things You Should Know About Australian Student Visa

Australian Student Visa

What do you need to know about Australian student visa?

All international students who enroll in Australian institutions for a course that lasts more than four months need a student visa. You need a subclass 500 student visa for all programs of study in Australia. The application for this visa is made through the online system. But before you apply, you have to obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from an Australian university. In order to get a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), you have to receive an unconditional offer of a place from a university, except that place in writing and pay tuition fee.

Five things you need to know about Australian student visa:

Here are the five important things you must know about Australian student visa:

1. Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement:

The visa officials, before granting the Australian student visa, will check whether the student intends to stay temporarily in Australia or not. The officials must be convinced that this intention of the student is genuine. The GTE requirement applies to applicants of Australian student visa.

2. Health requirements and insurance:

As part of the visa process, you will have to undergo health examinations. It may take several weeks. So, in order to avoid delays, it is better to complete the health examination before you apply for Australian student visa.

The student must have adequate health insurance while they are in Australia. They can obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) that provides medical and hospital insurance.

3. Financial capacity requirements:

While applying for Australian student visa, you have to prove that you have enough funds available to you for paying the course fees and to meet the travel and living costs. You must attach the proofs of your financial capacity with the visa application.

4. Work while studying

You can work up to 40 hours per fortnight on Australian student visa and full time during vacation. The Australian student visa comes with ‘permission to work’. But you cannot work on this visa before the course is started. Even if the work you do is unpaid or voluntary, you will have to obtain permission to work.

5. Language and character requirements

In order to obtain Australian student visa, you must provide proof of your English language proficiency. The English language tests accepted for Australian student visa applications are IELTS, TOFEL, Cambridge English: Advanced, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic and Occupational English Test (OET). The test must have been completed within the two years before applying for student visa.

The student visa applicants will also be assessed against character requirements. You are supposed to answer a few character-related questions in the visa application form, based on which your character will be assessed.

Do you need help to obtain Australian student visa? Contact our expert education consultants now!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Send Us An Enquiry

Enter your details below and we'll call you back when it suits you.

    [honeypot 953b1362b63bd3ecf68]

    Enquire Now Call Now