Canada has open gates for skilled workers from any part of the world to come, work and settle permanently in the country. Event planning in Canada (NOC 1226) is one such glamorous career option to take up in Canada and has a wide scope of success.
Here is an attempt to decode the essential requirements and ways you can migrate to Canada to become an Event Planner.
Various Job titles of an Event Planner in Canada
Event Planner is an umbrella term for a number of specialists that plan events like Personal events (weddings, birthdays, etc.), Festivals and Concerts, Corporate Events, Trade shows, and conventions.
Below tabulated are some of the job positions relevant to Event Planners in Canada.
|Convention Planning Services Officers
|Trade Show Planner
|Special Events Organizer
|Trade Show Organizer
|Social Events Coordinator
|Conference & Meeting Planner
The salary of an Event planner in Canada varies depending on the types of events and/or various job positions held. However, Event planners with the least work experience earns an average salary of around $30,000 a year will certainly grow as you acquire more and more work experience.
Skills required to be an Event planner in Canada
Event planners are expected to ensure the coming of different factors correctly and display a wider skill set to negotiate these factors for the successful planning of their projects.
- Industry Skills: Knowledge in catering management, food, and wine pairing, beverage theory, serving are some of the industry skills an event planner is expected to acquire;
- Business Skills: Accounting, organization, time management, teamwork, and operations are must-have business skills for an Event management
- Personal Skills: Excellent communication, leadership skills will help in marketing their services and find employment in the industry.
Educational requirements to migrate as an Event Planner in Canada
- A graduation degree or college diploma in business, tourism or hospitality administration is usually required;
- Good work experience in hospitality or tourism administration or in public relations may substitute for formal education requirements;
- Certification relating to special events, meetings or conference management may be an added advantage.
What is expected out of an Event Planner?
Following duties are expected to be performed by an Event Planner in Canada:
- Regular meeting with trade and professional associations to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services;
- Cracking attracting sponsorship deals, plan scope and format of the events;
- Establish and monitor budgets and review administrative procedures of events;
- Arrange for coordinate services such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing, and security;
- Must hire and train the support staff required for events;
- Sound knowledge of local laws to ensure full compliance.
How to immigrate as an Event Planner – NOC 1226
Canada Express Entry system allows Event Planners from any part of the world to immigrate to Canada easily. Registering and making your Express Entry profile on the IRCC web portal makes the first step to migrate to Canada.
Each profile is scored & ranked based on a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Your CRS score is based on core human capital factors such as Age, Education Qualifications, Language proficiency in English or French, Work Experience. Other factors that have an impact on your immigration points may include your partner’s skills, choice of the province, etc.
On successfully receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from fortnightly Express Entry nomination draws, you will have 60 days to file for permanent residency in Canada.
Canada immigration can be complex and confusing if applied on your own. Choose CanApprove as your trusted Canada immigration consultant and stay informed at every stage of your application to migrate to Canada.
Average yearly wage of Event Planners in Canada
Various categories of Event Planners in Canada from various regions earned an average yearly wage of CA $43,719. The region-wise average yearly wage is as tabulated below:
Immigrating to Canada as an Event Planner without a job offer
Yes, but it may prove to be difficult for candidates with an average CRS score. Certain economic pathways to Canada including Canada Provincial Nominee Programs invite skilled workers without a job offer.
However, securing a job offer before immigrating to Canada will boost your chances of getting an ITA for permanent residence in Canada. There is also no minimum CRS score required under Canada Express Entry to become an Event Planner in Canada.
CanApprove is ideally placed to take care of not just your immigration paperwork, but provide you with the latest updates on job opportunities as an Event Planner in Canada.
Take our free online assessment for an up to date report on your eligibility to become an Event Planner in Canada.
For More Details:
Contact : +91-422-4980255 (India)/+971-42865134 (Dubai)
Email : email@example.com