Courses after PharmD in UK and Canada!
As you have happened to get this piece of content, it is assumable that you might be a Doctor of Pharmacy or practising Doctor of Pharmacy or looking forward to exploring the prospects of studying pharmacy. Let us have some insights about studying pharmacy and what next after pharmacy.
As known (or maybe unknown), PharmD – Doctor of Pharmacy, is the doctoral program directing you to become a pharmacy professional. PharmD is basically a 6-year program after your higher secondary education. In the 6 years, the academic study takes the proportion of 5 years, while the final year is for internship.
This is no less than a doctor in qualification and this degree is identified to be the first professional degree and a pre-requisite to get a license and practice pharmacy as a clinical pharmacist. This domain is special to address effect and safe drug usage in advanced levels and from day 1, this experiential education will aid you with the clinical education components and knowledge about the specialisation.
Upon frequent asking, this blog is made to clarify what next after studying PharmD. There are many programs to study abroad after PharmD to make way for a prospective life.
Are UK and Canada apt for me to pursue higher education after PharmD?
What Can I study after PharmD?
There are many masters-level programs to take up at various educational institutions in UK and Canada.
Institutions to study masters after PharmD
There are world-class institutions in Canada and UK that call PharmD grads to set up their higher education and move to a better position in their career. The following institutions offer master programs for PharmD grads
- University of Aberdeen (UK)
- University of Glasgow (UK)
- Coventry University (UK)
- University of York (UK)
- Sheffield Hallam University (UK)
- Loughborough University (UK)
- Red River College (Canada)
- University of Alberta (Canada)
- Seneca College (Canada)
- Carleton University (Canada)
- Humber Institute of Technology (Canada)
- University of Saskatchewan (Canada)
Programs in the UK
- Clinical Pharmacology MSc (Med Sci)
- MSc Pharmacology and Drug Discovery
- MSc Pharmacology and Drug Discovery (with Professional Experience)
- MSc in Pharmacology and Drug Development
- MSc in Pharmacology and Education
- MSc Pharmacology and Biotechnology
- Clinical Pharmacology MSc
Programs in Canada
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Master of Science in Toxicology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology – Environmental Health Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
- Master of Science in Pharmacology (Thesis)
There are plenty of opportunities for postgraduates in Pharmacy as this is one of the crucial fields to make differences in mankind and other organisms.
- Analytical Research & Development
- Formulation Development (F&D)
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Sales & Marketing
- Hospital / Clinical / Community Pharmacist
The above listed are the prospective job opportunities for international students who complete post-graduation in Pharmacy.
Some mutual benefits of studying in Canada and the UK
UK and Canada, both the spots are favourite for international students and based on some likes, dislikes and other particular factors for which the county is likeable, you can choose your favourite. But both, in common do offer benefits for international students who plan to study there. Those benefits include,
- A world-class education at an affordable cost
- High standard of living
- Globally acknowledged profession
- Excellent pedagogy
- Well paid job opportunities
- Easy acquisition of Permanent Residence
If you ever wanted to become a successful pharmacist with all the above benefits, do not wait to plan your education. Connect with CanApprove. We will help you.
CanApprove has been providing overseas education and immigration services to many abroad aspirants for years now. With 2-decade long sustainability and history, CanApprove vouches for the visa success rate and positive impacts in the lives of its clients.
Planning to study further after PharmD? Our education coordinators will give you hands with country selection, program selection and university selection. Our expert documentation team will assure the success of your visa. We are a click away. Talk to our education coordinator, get a personalised consultation and a free profile evaluation.
Kick of your overseas education plan right away!