1. Ontario held a targeted draw under its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream on September 26.
2. It issued a total of 1,696 targeted notifications of interest to healthcare profiles.
3. All the invited candidates must have had relevant work experience as a General practitioner, Physician, or Nurse.
The Ontario Express Entry Draw invited 1,696 healthcare profiles on September 26, 2023. Only candidates who created and registered their profiles between September 26, 2022 – September 26, 2023, received targeted notifications of interest. Further, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) determined the qualifying score which is between 350-462.
A CRS score of a candidate is based on their human capital factors like age, language proficiency, work experience, and education qualification. The score is given out of 1200 points.
They now have 45 days to submit a full application for their provincial nomination and could eventually qualify for permanent residence in Canada.
Take this free online assessment to determine your eligibility.
Eligible Healthcare Occupations Under September 26 OINP Targeted Draw
The list of healthcare occupations under the OINP targeted draw includes
1. NOC 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
2. NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
3. NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
4. NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
5. NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
Furthermore, interested candidates must secure an active Express Entry profile in one of the following programs:
1. Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) – One year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada in the past five years.
2. Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – One year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada in the past three years.
Express Entry is a database management system for any foreign skilled workers with/without a job offer to show their interest in migrating to Canada for permanent residence. Further, those with successful provincial nominations get 600 additional CRS points, and thereby an effective guarantee to obtain permanent residence.
Additionally, the OINP may also give priority to candidates who have the following:
1. A job offer from a skilled employer in Ontario.
2. A degree from a Canadian university or college.
3. Experience in a high-demand occupation in Ontario.
4. French language skills.
The OINP may waive some of the eligibility requirements for certain candidates, such as those with exceptional skills or experience.
If you are interested in applying to the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream, you should carefully review the eligibility requirements and the OINP’s application process.
Book an appointment with our consultants to get further details on your Canada PR options.