Study in Sweden, the Best Place to Obtain a Degree in Technology
Sweden, a major technology hub in Europe, is becoming the best place to obtain a degree in technology. Stockholm, the country’s capital, houses more than 20,000 technology companies. It is not surprising that around 18 percent of Stockholm’s workforce belongs to the technology field.
Best Universities in Sweden
The universities in Sweden offer some of the world’s best Engineering and Technology courses. Eight Swedish universities have been featured in the QS World University Rankings 2017 for Engineering and Technology.
Part-Time Work Options for Students
In Sweden, there are no restrictions on the hours a student can work part-time. A student is not required to have a work permit to work while studying; students can take up full-time job opportunities as well. Some students earn up-to 5,000 SEK (USD 600) per month. The only condition to working in Sweden is that the student must dedicate a minimum of 40 hours a week for studies.
Job openings are often displayed at universities and in libraries.
Residence Permit Extension
Students can apply for an extension of their residence permit to find employment after completing their course in Sweden. The residence permit can be extended for a maximum period of six months. The conditions for extending the permit include:
- The student must be holding a valid passport.
- The student must have completed a course with a duration of at least two terms which means students enrolled in short-term courses are not eligible for the extension of their residence permit.
- The student must prove that he/she has completed the course.
- The student must be staying in Sweden at the time of application.
- The student must demonstrate proof of sufficient funds to support his/her stay in Sweden.
- The student must have health insurance.
Study in Sweden, Popular Engineering and Technology Courses
Some of the most popular technology courses offered by Swedish universities are listed below:
|Bachelor of Science in Software Development
|Kristianstad University in Kristianstad, Sweden
|Bachelor of Science with Specialisation in Network Security
|Linnaeus University in the Småland region of Sweden.
|Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology
|KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden
|Bachelor of Game Design and Programming
|Uppsala University in Uppsala, Sweden