University of Oxford has emerged as the world’s best institution for medical and health teaching and research in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018. This is the seventh consecutive year that Oxford is in the lead for clinical, pre-clinical and health-related disciplines. The second position is shared by the University of Cambridge and Harvard University.
The 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings considered 500 institutions from across the world and 58 out of the top 100 institutions in the list are located in the UK.
Oxford University’s Medical Sciences Division has 5000 full-time equivalent researchers, teachers and staff. The division also has 1500 graduate and 1500 undergraduate students. Oxford’s medical sciences division is one of the largest biomedical research centres in Europe and has hosted many groundbreaking experiments in medical science.
The universities in the top-ten positions for clinical, pre-clinical and health subjects are:
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Harvard University, United States
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Stanford University, United States
- Johns Hopkins University, United States
- University of California, Berkeley, United States
- Columbia University, United States
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Pennsylvania, United States
To explore medical educational opportunities in the UK, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants today!