Are you a nurse? Are you willing to work as a Personal Support Worker in Canada? then you’ve come to the right place! This is a highly in-demand career in Canada.
If you wish to make a real impact in the lives of others, a career in personal support work might be a perfect fit for you. Every single day, you’ll be making a meaningful impact in the lives of people who need you most. Many individuals who are career-minded, compassionate, and want to “make a difference in people’s lives” aspire to work as a Personal Support Worker.
WORK AS A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER IN CANADA!
One of the advantages of adulthood is the ability to be self-sufficient. However, as we age, we may be unable to perform specific tasks on our own, such as provide our in-home health care. Not safely or adequately enough, at least. Hiring their support worker is one of the most refined and comfortable alternatives for seniors who want to live in their place but require additional assistance.
Personal support workers assist clients in their private homes and agent placement companies, including the elderly, those with disabilities, and special needs. They are in charge of helping their clients’ well-being, lifestyle, and independence.
WHY BECOMING A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU!
1) You have the ability to make a difference in your society!
Many people wish they could make a difference in the world. You certainly can as a PSW. From personal care to activities of food preparation, daily living, vital sign and medication monitoring, and being a supporter, you will play a key role in maximizing your patient’s well-being and dignity.
2) It is satisfying and makes you happy!
As the saying goes, what goes around comes around. Have you ever noticed how rewarding it is to assist someone? You’ll be able to leave realizing that you made a daily impact in the lives of your patients. Making your patients feel good about themselves and delivering compassionate patient treatment to improve their quality of life is a big part of what we do.
3) This field is experiencing an increase in demand!
Many long-term care homes and hospitals are overflowing with ready retire’ PSWs who are searching for new opportunities!
4) You can be proud of your accomplishments!
PSWs work in several places with health care experts, including hospitals, patients’ homes, long-term care facilities, and retirement homes, all while restoring well-being and dignity to people in need. The Personal Support Worker is a member of the healthcare team who provides direct care to patients.
- Five years patient care experience in recent 7 years.
- Internationally trained nurses and GNM/P. BSc / B. Sc or any other nursing graduates are eligible.
One of Canada’s official languages is English. Basic language skills are necessary, and candidates must demonstrate their ability to work in the English language (written and spoken).
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER- WAGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
A personal support worker will earn between $16.85/hour and $24.00/hour in Canada, and there are approximately 1,071 job opportunities available for PSW.
PRIMARY DUTIES OF A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
- Some of the responsibilities of a personal support worker are mentioned below:
- During incapacitation, convalescence, or family disturbance, provide care and companionship for individuals and families.
- Provide patients with bedside and personal care, such as assistance with ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing and undressing.
- Plan and prepare meals and specific diets for patients, as well as feed or assist with feeding.
- Under the supervision of the agency supervisor or nurse, may conduct regular health-related tasks such as changing non-sterile bandages, aiding with medication administration, and collecting specimens.
- Routine household tasks such as laundry, dishwashing, and bedmaking may be performed.
- Transport the patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery
- Assisting with feeding, bathing, mobilizing, positioning, walking and other range of motion exercises etc.
WHAT CANAPPROVE OFFERS!
Our Immigration Consultants and Lawyers are ready to help you make the most of your relocation to the country of your dreams. Our team has been working in the sector since 1998 and is dedicated to making your idea a reality.
We will be there for you from the beginning to the finish of the procedure to become a PSW. We are delighted to offer the best immigration services to individuals looking to start a new life in a different country. Our program experts’ who are trained by the certified Canadian consultant will guide you organize every detail of your temporary residence program. In addition, the organization will provide employment readiness program such as resume writing/interview preparation etc. Will be introduced to the employer by following Canadian standards to every client, which will help attain employment within Canada.
We will adequately do your document preparation, and we will guide you in every step. And there are various PR options available after two years. These are the benefits of working in Canada as a personal support worker. The CanApprove team is ready to assist you. Contact us right away!