A total of 155 candidates were sent Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) in the first-ever draw of the new Express Entry-aligned pathway of Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) held on January 11. The minimum required points for candidates to receive LAA under the province’s Expression of Interest system was 565.
Other than the Express Entry pathway draw, invitations were sent under the Skilled Worker Overseas Stream and Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream. A total of 17 skilled workers received invitations under the Skilled Worker Overseas Stream and 119 candidates received invitations under the Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream.
Eligibility requirements for Express Entry pathway
A few of the eligibility requirements for the Express Entry pathway include:
- The candidate must have a valid profile, both in the Expression of Interest pool of Manitoba and the Express Entry pool of Canada
- The candidate must have a minimum of six months of experience in one of the occupations listed in the new In-demand Occupation list of the province
- The candidate must have the confirmed support of a close friend or relative, who is a resident of Manitoba
- The candidate must have minimum required level of official language proficiency
- The candidate must have completed one post-secondary program of at least one year
- The candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to establish and reside in Manitoba
- Have enough settlement funds
Planning to immigrate to Canada? Contact our expert immigration consultants today!