Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory reopens

Canada PR applications

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) reopened its International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory on July 5. This time, the subcategory is open to 500 applications and the applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The selected candidates will receive 600 additional CRS points, which will improve their chances of being selected in the Express Entry draw.
SINP had opened this subcategory twice before in the current year. During the intakes that held on January 10th and June 13th, 400 applications each were accepted.

Job qualifications required for International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory

In order to apply for provincial nomination through the International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory of SINP, candidates need not have a job offer. But they must have a minimum level of work experience in the field of their study or training in one of the occupations in SINP’s in-demand occupations list. SINP has recently updated its in-demand occupations list to 33 occupations.

International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory

International Skilled Worker — Express Entry subcategory of SINP is for skilled workers who want to live and work in Saskatchewan. They must also meet the required criteria for this sub-category to be eligible.
These include:

  • The candidate must have entered the federal Express Entry pool. He must have an Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code.
  • The candidate must earn a minimum of 60 out of 100 points in the SINP point assessment grid
  • The candidate must have proof of language proficiency level declared in the Express Entry profile
  • The candidate must have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship equivalent to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length that has resulted in a diploma, certificate or degree.
  • If degrees or diplomas of the candidate were obtained outside Canada, an educational credential assessment (ECA) must be submitted
  • Have one year work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession; or two years’ work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years; or twelve months work experience in Canada in the past three years
  • Have work experience in a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) level A, B or O, and that’s included in the In-Demand Occupation List of SINP.
  • Proof of professional status or licensure, if required for your occupation
  • Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.

Get in touch with us to know more about provincial nominee programs and Canada immigration

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Send Us An Enquiry

Enter your details below and we'll call you back when it suits you.

    [honeypot 953b1362b63bd3ecf68]

    Enquire Now Call Now