Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses were targeted in the latest Labour Market Priorities draw held by the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) on October 28.
As the Labour Market Priorities stream is aligned to the federal Express Entry system, all the invited candidates were those with an active Express Entry profile. The Labour Market Priorities Stream of Nova Scotia allows the province to select candidates with the skills in need in the province’s labour market, from the federal Express Entry pool. Only those who receive Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia will be able to apply under this stream. Each Labour Market Priorities stream draw targets those candidates with work experience in occupations that face labour shortages in the province and invite them to apply for provincial nomination. Those who receive provincial nomination from Nova Scotia will obtain 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points towards their total CRS score. This guarantees them an invitation to apply for permanent residence in the subsequent federal Express Entry draw.
The October 28 draw is the fifth Labour Market Priorities Stream draw being held this year. The previous Labour Market Priorities Stream draws have targeted carpenters, early childhood educators, financial auditors and accountants, and French-speaking Express Entry candidates.
The candidates invited in the latest draw must meet the following criteria in order to obtain provincial nomination from Nova Scotia:
- The primary occupation of the candidate must be registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse(NIC 3012)
- The candidate must have at least three years of work experience as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse. The candidate must submit letters of reference from their employers as proof of work experience
- The candidate must have proficiency in English or French at a level equal to Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 8 in all the four abilities
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or must have completed a study program of three years or more at a university, college, trade or technical school or any other educational institution. If the qualification was obtained from outside Canada, the candidate must also submit an Educational Credential Assessment(ECA)
- The candidate must have submitted their Express Entry profile on or after November 1, 2018.
The invited candidates can submit a complete application within 30 days from the date of receiving the invitation.
Canada immigration on your mind? All you need is the professional support of efficient Canada immigration consultants who can make the whole immigration process hassle-free and fast. CanApprove is a registered Canada immigration consultancy with years of experience in helping hundreds of immigration aspirants to fulfill their dreams. Contact us for the best support for Canada immigration!