In the latest Labour Market Priorities draw held on June 3, Nova Scotia invited 312 Express Entry candidates with eligible work experience as early childhood educators and assistants. The Labour Market Priorities Stream of Nova Scotia allows the province to search the federal Express Entry pool for candidates to meet the labour market shortages in the province.
The June 3rd draw is the second draw under the Labour Market Priorities Stream that targeted Express Entry candidates with work experience as early childhood educators and assistants (National Occupational Classification 4214).
In order to be considered for provincial nomination under the Labour Market Priorities Stream, a candidate must produce:
- Proof that the candidate has received post-secondary education in early childhood education for children aged 0-8 years
- Proof that the candidate has completed a study program with a duration of two or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Letters of reference from employers to prove that the candidate has minimum five years of work experience in NOC 4214.
To be eligible to apply for provincial nomination under the stream, a candidate must:
- Receive Letter of Interest from the NSNP
- Submit the application within 30 days of receiving the Letter of Interest
- Minimum level of work experience required
- Sufficient funds to settle in Nova Scotia with family
- Legal status in the country of residence
- Meet the eligibility criteria which are in place when they receive the Letter of Interest.
The first step for a candidate to be considered for provincial nomination under the Labour Market Priorities stream is to create an Express Entry profile. The candidates selected in the latest draw were those who submitted their Express Entry profiles on or after August 8, 2018. Those who have received the Letters of Interest from Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) shall complete the online application form with all the required documents as attachments.
NSNP has conducted four Labour Market Priorities Stream draws from August 2018 till date. While two of these draws targeted early childhood educators, one draw targeted financial auditors and accountants and the other one, Express Entry candidates who listed French as their first official language.
If you are an Express Entry candidate, a provincial nomination may guarantee you an invitation to apply for permanent residence in the subsequent Express Entry draw. But to know which provincial nominee program is the best for you, you need the support of an expert immigration consultant. CanApprove, with more than two decades of experience in Canada migration, shall help you to choose the right immigration pathway for you, so that your dream of migrating to Canada becomes a reality, faster than you thought! Contact us for more information