Table of Contents
Scholarships in Germany
A nation whose economy is impeccable and has a lot of industrial opportunities will always be the popular destination for academic aspirants. Germany has become the first choice as an international education destination due to the presence of esteemed universities which offer high-quality education and training on various fields of knowledge including Medical Science, Computer and Information Technology, Physics, Arts, Social Sciences, Literature et al. In Germany, you can select either English or German as the medium of instruction in universities and colleges. Moreover, there is a long list of academic scholarships for international students available in Germany that allow them to study in Germany almost free of cost.
German government, non-governmental organizations and universities together offer more than 2000 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue Bachelors, Masters and PhD programs in Germany. Germany is a country where public universities offer free education. Many international students choose to study in Germany because of the wide choice of study programs, world-class quality of education and highly qualified staff.
Further, international students can pursue higher education in Germany without appearing for the IELTS test. International students are also allowed to pursue part-time job while studying in Germany. All these factors make Germany the most demanding and the fourth most popular international study destination for students from across the globe.
Basically, the scholarships in Germany come under three major categories. They are:
- Government-funded scholarships
- Non-government scholarships for international students
- Scholarships offered by German universities
- Government-funded Scholarships in Germany
A joint association of Germany’s higher education institutions offers DAAD scholarships in Germany. German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD offers vast funding opportunities and scholarships in Germany for international students. Foreign students are offered many scholarships in Germany and DAAD scholarships in Germany aim to promote international academic relations. Specific degree-level study programs have corresponding DAAD scholarships in Germany.
Erasmus – Mundus
These scholarships in Germany offer international students many benefits if they plan to begin their studies in any part of Europe. The Erasmus-Mundus scholarships in Germany are provided by the European Commission, which is one of the biggest providers of European Union scholarships.
Non-Government Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Many numbers of religious foundations and political organizations contribute to copious scholarships in Germany. Here we outline such scholarships in Germany available to overseas students from various backgrounds, pursuing specific degree programs, and having different interests and educational qualifications.
- Alfred Töpfer Foundation
- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship: The fellowship is sponsored by the Einstein Foundation for postdoctoral research at University in Berlin
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students: International students who wish to pursue higher education in an accredited institution in Germany at any level may apply for these scholarships.
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers: Scientists and scholars of any subject and nationality can apply for these scholarships for postdoctoral studies.
- Georg Forster Fellowship: Students from developing and emerging countries may apply for a Georg Forster Fellowship.
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships: International applicants below the age of 30, who have completed a university degree in their home country and pursuing Master’s and PhD scholarships in Germany may apply for this monthly scholarship.
- Kurt Hansen Science scholarships in Germany: Funded by the Bayer Foundation, these scholarships are available to students who are training to become educators in the field of science.
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships for the Developing Countries, “IIF”: These postdoctoral research scholarships for international students wishing to study in Germany are funded by the European Commission.
- Mawista scholarships in Germany: These scholarships are for parents who take care of their children while studying abroad while taking care of a child, including those pursuing studies in Germany.
- Deutschland Stipendium: Highly talented students enrolled at German universities may apply for these merit-based scholarships which provides €300 a month.
- The Helmholtz Association: International doctoral and postdoctoral students may apply for fellowships from Helmholtz Association. This allows international researchers to do paid research in Germany.
University-specific Scholarships in Germany
The third type of scholarships in Germany, apart from the above-listed scholarships supported by the governmental and non-government organizations, are the grant scholarships offered by universities to international students.
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
- Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme for International Researchers
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Masters scholarships in Germany
- HHL International – MSc Scholarship for an Effective and a Responsible Leadership
- Humboldt University International Research Fellowships
- International Doctoral Positions, Graduate School of East & the Southeast European Studies.
- International Ph.D. Fellowships, from Max Planck Research School, given for Ultrafast Imaging & Structural Dynamics
- Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Students or the KAAD Scholarships for the Developing Countries of the world
- Ulm University Scholarships for International Students
- Universität Hamburg Merit scholarships in Germany
- RWTH Aachen University Scholarship
Tuition-free Colleges and Universities in Germany
In addition to attractive scholarships in Germany, the German government is keen on providing tuition-free education to international and native students through colleges and universities. Many universities also do not charge any tuition fees with an aim to make quality education accessible to all.
In Germany, unlike undergraduate programs, students have to pay fees for most of the Master’s programs or Ph.D. studies. Apart from paying the enrollment and confirmation fees, students have to find funds for meeting the cost of living. Fortunately, in Germany, many scholarships are available for Master’s and Ph.D. students.
Are you thinking about pursuing higher education in Germany? If yes, please connect with CanApprove overseas education consultancy as we can help you to choose the right study program and the best study institution in Germany. We can also guide you about the scholarships you may apply for. Don’t miss the chance have quality international education at low cost.
4 Differences You Should Know Between IELTS and PTE Examinations...
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Examinations are two of the most popular English langu...
4 Tips to Help You Prepare for Your IELTS Exam!...
The IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is the most popular English language proficiency test for international education and m...