Canapprove WHATSAPP

Day: July 9, 2024

Study in Germany

Get a Master’s in Engineering from Germany for FREE!

If you aspire to pursue a postgraduate program in Engineering abroad, Germany is one of the best choices you can make. Many German public universities offer postgraduate courses in Engineering with no tuition fees and English as a medium of instruction.

1. International Master of Landscape Architecture (IMLA)

The International Master of Landscape Architecture (IMLA) at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences is the best option if the applicant is a graduate in landscape architecture, landscape planning, landscape construction, landscape management, architecture, town planning or physical planning. In order to apply, the applicant must have above average marks to apply and be proficient in the English language at level B2 of the Common European Reference Framework for Languages (CEFR) or equivalent. Though the students do not need to pay any tuition fees, they will have to pay enrolment fees, approximately EUR150. The living cost is approximately EUR 800-900 per month.

2. Automation & IT

The Master’s degree in Automation and IT offered by TH Köln is a fully accredited program covering the areas of both industrial automation and computer science. Though students do not need to pay any tuition fees, they will have to pay an administrative fee for student services and student union fee, approximately EUR 85. The monthly living cost is around EUR 700-850. The applicant must have certified proficiency in English: TOEFL (550 points), Computer TOEFL (213 points), Internet (80 points), IELTS (band 6.0), Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, Level C1 or equivalent certificate. The minimum qualification required to apply is a Bachelor’s in the field of engineering science, computer science, computer engineering, or informatics.

3. Renewable Energy Systems – Environmental and Process Engineering

The Renewable Energy Systems – Environmental and Process Engineering program at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences trains students to develop, plan, design, execute, operate and service renewable energy systems, particularly solar thermal systems, photovoltaic systems, biogas, biomass to liquid and wind energy systems. The courses and exams are in English, though optional courses are offered in German. The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, process engineering or a similar field, with the academic grade equivalent to the German grade 2.5. Enrolment fee is approximately EUR 321 per semester and living costs are approximately EUR 700 to 900.

Canada’s Pre-Departure Guide

You just received your visa and are preparing for your exciting new journey abroad. Questions start popping up in your mind: Who? What? Why? Where? How? Studying abroad or moving abroad is an opportunity that should not be missed. However, preparing for the big adventure can be overwhelming. Before you head off, we thought it important to provide you with a pre-departure guide and advice on how to prepare for your journey.

Everyone’s situation is different, so the information below provides an indication of what you may need to do at various stages – not every item may be relevant to you, but it is best to be as prepared as possible.


Collect and bring original forms of official documents that belong to you and/or the family members who are immigrating with you. Ensure all your documents are in order and make photocopies to pack in your baggage, to leave at home, and send scanned copies to your email address. Carry photocopies of documents of family members who plan on joining you later.

The documents you need to bring include:

  • Passport (Make sure it is valid for at least six months after your return date)
  • Airline tickets
  • Letter of acceptance from your Canadian educational institution
  • Key addresses and phone numbers
  • A bank statement showing proof of funds
  • Letter of invitation from Canadian immigration
  • Prescriptions for any medication you are carrying
  • Medical and immunization records
  • Academic history and university transcripts
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage or divorce certificates
  • Death certificate for a deceased spouse
  • Adoption records for adopted children
  • Driver’s license and or International Driving Permit

If the documents are not in the English or French language, you will need to obtain a certified translation for those documents. It is advised to translate documents into the English language. The translation should be done through a reputable agency in your country of origin. If required, documents in English or in French can be translated to French and English, respectively, from within Canada.

Although some of these documents may not be required immediately, it is advised that you carry all your official documents to avoid delays in providing the required documents when needed.


You should know where you will stay when you arrive in Canada and how you will get there from the airport. You should carry local currency for any transit destinations and have enough Canadian currency in cash or traveler’s checks.


You should check how much baggage you can take with you and be mindful of weight restrictions and never agree to carry another person’s bags or their items in your luggage. When packing, find out which items are restricted or prohibited for travel to Canada. Canada has restrictions on certain alcoholic beverages, tobacco, firearms, food, animal and plant products, drugs and prescription drugs. Some seemingly harmless goods can be dangerous on board an aircraft and should not be packed in either checked or carry-on baggage. Liquids in carry-on baggage must be in containers less than 100 ml and should be kept in a separate plastic bag, which will be verified during security screening. Remember to clearly tag all your baggage, noting your name and the complete address of your destination in Canada. Also, pack a card inside your luggage with your Canadian contact details. Lastly, remember to keep all important documents, medications and high-value items such as cameras, jewelry, laptops, phones, credit cards and cash in your carry-on luggage.


Try to improve your English or French. Communication skills may be the most valuable tool you can possess to settle successfully in Canada and find a good job. The language you focus on improving will depend on which one is most commonly spoken in the area where you have chosen to settle.

Find out the requirements of the study abroad program and University you are interested in applying to and take a note of the deadlines of registering and applying. Ensure that you have all your educational documents, obtain reference letters from your past employers and professors and make sure that your educational certificates and professional qualifications are verified and accepted in Canada.

Find out if your profession is regulated or unregulated in Canada. If you are thinking about living and working in Canada, you need to know about credential recognition. Understanding how your education and work credentials are recognized will help you adapt to life and work in Canada. Foreign credential recognition is the process of verifying that the education, training and job experience you obtained in another country are equivalent to the standards established for Canadian workers.

Qualifying to immigrate to Canada does not mean that your education, work experience and professional credentials are automatically recognized in Canada. Working in some jobs in Canada, including certain trades, may require a license. To get a license, you will need to have your credentials recognized. You can start the credential assessment and recognition process before you arrive in Canada. Getting your credentials recognized takes time and costs money. To facilitate the process of foreign credential recognition, the federal government has a Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO). The FCRO provides information on how you can get your credentials recognized in Canada.


Apply for a government health insurance card. A government health insurance card allows you to receive taxpayer-funded medical care in Canada. You should apply as soon as possible after arriving in Canada.

CIC strongly recommends purchasing private health insurance to pay for your health-care needs until the date when you receive a government issued Health Insurance Card. So, purchase private health insurance to pay for medical costs in case of an emergency, until you obtain government health insurance in Canada.

Ontario’s Masters and PhD Graduate Streams

The Canadian province of Ontario started accepting Canada Immigration/Permanent Residency applications from interested international post-graduates from the Masters and PhD Graduate Streams on October 12th, 2017.

These two streams are extremely popular and whenever they start accepting applications, they reach their intake limits within a few days. While Ontario did not disclose how many applications will be accepted for the current application intake period, the Masters Graduate Stream reached its intake limit the day they announced the opening of both the streams. Therefore, Ontario is no longer accepting registrations for the Masters Graduate Stream. However, registration is still open for the OINP PhD Graduate Stream.

Through the Masters Graduate Stream and the PhD Graduate Stream, both streams linked with the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), Ontario enables skilled international students who want to live and work in Ontario obtain a Nomination Certificate which expedites their Canadian Immigration process.

International Students Category is designed for international students with a Master’s degree or a PhD obtained in Canada who want to live and work permanently in Ontario.

OINP Masters Graduate Stream applicants must:

  • Intend to live and work in Ontario.
  • Be a graduate of a Master’s program from a publicly funded University in Ontario.
  • Have completed one academic year on a full-time basis.
  • Submit the application no later than two years from the date of completion of the Master’s degree. Or submit the application during his/her last semester of study in the program.
  • Be currently residing in Ontario with legal status.
  • Be proficient in English and/or French.
  • Demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves and their dependents.
  • Have lived in Ontario for at least one complete year during the past two years.

OINP PhD Graduate Stream applicants must:

  • Have graduated from an existing PhD program at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario. Or successfully completed the degree requirements for such a program (and are awaiting their degree). Or, have at least two years of completed PhD studies at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario.
  • Application must be submitted no later than two years from the date the PhD was received.
  • Be currently residing in Ontario with legal status.
  • Be proficient in English and/or French.
  • Demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves and their dependents.

Study in Quebec: Designated Learning Institutions

Designated Learning Institutions (DLI)

According to a new law that came into effect on June 30, 2017, foreign students who want to study in Quebec and pursue a training program with a duration of more than six months must have an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

A DLI is a school approved to host international students by a province or territorial government in Canada. In order to obtain a study permit to study in Quebec and to receive a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), the institution where you plan to study must be recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Quebec or any other Quebec government ministry. So, the applicant should make sure that the selected institute is on the list of designated educational institutions because once the processing fee is paid, it is non-refundable.

There are around 420 educational institutions in Quebec which are Designated Learning Institutions. Being issued a certificate acceptation du Québec (CAQ) to study in a post-secondary institution means your institution is designated. In the case where the institution you are studying in loses its DIL status while you are still enrolled, you can continue studying in that institute until your study permit expires. However, if you wish to renew your study permit, you will have to enrol into an educational institute in the list of Designated Learning Institutions.

The DLI Process

The process of looking for the Institute of your choice in the designated learning institutes database is to:

  • First, choose the province or territory your educational institute is located in.
  • Type in the name of the educational institute and the city in which it is located.
  • The name of your DLI and DLI number will appear. You can write the DLI number under the section ‘Details of intended study in Canada on the application for your study permit.

Canadian Universities Ranked Top 5 In Maclean’s Survey


Maclean’s, a popular news magazine based in Canada, recently published a list of the most reputed Canadian universities and their rankings. The rankings for this year have post-secondary institutions from all regions of Canada. As part of the survey, Maclean’s approached university faculty, senior administrators, high school guidance counsellors and business people to know their views on Canadian universities. All universities from undergraduate, comprehensive and medical doctoral categories were ranked in the survey as one group.

1. University of Toronto

The University of Toronto ranks in first place in the Maclean’s rankings. The university has around 90,000 students, both domestic and international and offers more than 700 undergraduate and 300 graduate programs. The University has three campuses in the Greater Toronto area. The signature programs at the University are science, medicine and artificial intelligence.

2. University of Waterloo

In the 2018 rankings of Maclean’s, University of Waterloo is among the top comprehensive Canadian universities. The university has the largest free start-up incubator in the world, which is named Velocity. The University also provides talented students free access to resources. Another attraction of the university is that it has the world’s largest co-op program, with more than 19000 students and 6700 employers. The employment rates are up to 99.9 percent. The signature programs of the University include Actuarial Science, Nanotechnology, Commerce and Architecture.

3. University of British Columbia

The University of British Columbia has two campuses, one located in Vancouver and the other in Okanagan. Around 60,000 students are studying in this university among whom, around 14000 are international students from 162 countries. The university offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs. The university’s English Language Institute, located in Vancouver, offers world-class English language education to international students. The university campuses, located in the most scenic places, also have the largest research libraries in the country.

4. McGill University

McGill University, located in Montreal, has been ranked first among the medical/doctoral universities in the country. Around 26 percent of its students are international. The university offers world-class medical, engineering and law programs. The university is also the alma mater of the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau. The signature programs of the university include medicine, chemistry, law, music, engineering, management, continuing studies, and dentistry.

5. University of Alberta

The University of Alberta is located in Edmonton, the prairie province of Alberta. It offers more than 200 undergraduate programs and 170 graduate programs. In addition to law and education, the university has a reputation for offering renowned engineering, science, and medicine programs. The university has more than 32,000 students including 7700 international students. It has signed 400 teaching and research agreements in around 51 countries. The signature programs of the university include engineering, law, education, and pharmacy.

Study in Ireland: What You Need to Know

Your Guide to Studying in Ireland

Ireland, with one of the best education systems in the world, offers students a wide range of opportunities to lay the foundation for their bright future. The only English-speaking country in the Eurozone, Ireland has 34 higher education institutions offering more than 5000 internationally recognised study programs.

Study in Ireland: Step by Step

Step 1: In order to get an admission for a degree program in Ireland, the student must prove his/her proficiency in English with test results from language tests. The certificates must have been issued within two years before the start of the course in Ireland. In the case of IELTS, the student must have a composite score of 6.0- 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in individual components.

Step 2: Choose a study program in an Irish educational institution that will enable you to meet your future goals. In order to do so, you have to check whether your academic and English language standards meet the requirements of the institution. Once you have applied and gotten admission, you have to pay the admission fee. After you have paid for your course, you can apply for a long-stay or D Study Visa.

Step 3: Find a suitable accommodation. In Ireland, you have various options for accommodation including rented apartments, student accommodations and home stays. Many colleges and universities have accommodation officers who can help the students in finding accommodation. Before applying, you have to make sure that your passport is valid for more than 12 months from the date of your application.

Study in Ireland: Costs

How much it will cost to study in Ireland depends on various factors, including the course you choose, the institution where you get admission and if you are a European student or not.

Approximate course fees:

Courses Undergraduate Postgraduate
Medicine & Health Sciences €45,000 – €52,000 €4,000 – €31,000+
Engineering €9,750 – €23,000 €9,250 – €24,000
Science and Technology €9,750 – €22,000 €9,250 – €45,000
Arts and Humanities €9,750 – €20,000 €9,250 – €22,000
Business €9,750 – €18,000 €9,250 – €34,500

Hospitality Programs in Malaysia

Hospitality is one of the few industries that has continued to thrive worldwide despite economic instability. The hospitality industry offers many opportunities to the younger generation, especially individuals with finance, supervisory and managerial skills.

Though the popular destinations for higher education in Hospitality have been the USA, the UK and Europe, recently the popularity of Australia, Canada, and South East Asian countries has increased. Among these countries, Malaysia is emerging as a hotspot for higher education courses in Hospitality, attracting students from different parts of the world.

Why Study Hospitality in Malaysia?

  • No interview for admission
  • No English language proficiency tests required
  • Courses available at various levels
  • Low cost of education and living

Hospitality and Tourism Programs at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia

  • Skill Certificate programs
  • Certificate-level programs
  • Diploma-level programs
  • Advanced Diploma-level programs
  • Bachelor’s Degree programs

Hospitality and Tourism Programs at Public Universities & Colleges in Malaysia

  • Bachelor’s degree programs

Universities Offering Hospitality Programs

  • Curtin University
  • Sunway University
  • SEGI University
  • University Utara Malaysia
  • UCSI University
  • Asia e University
  • International Islamic University of Malaysia
  • Quest International University Perak
  • UNITAR International University

Other Institutions Offering Hospitality Programs

  • Tunku Abdul Rahman University College
  • First City University College
  • City University College of Science and Technology
  • Legend International College of Hospitality and Tourism
  • SIDMA College

Industries you can Work in with a Hospitality & Tourism Qualification

  • Hotels and Resorts
  • Casinos
  • Cruise Ships
  • Airlines
  • Event Management
  • Retail
  • Restaurants and Catering
  • Theme Parks
  • Travel and Tour Agencies
  • Sports and Leisure

What you need to know about education loan for abroad studies

Is it money that stands between you and your dream of earning a foreign degree? The easiest available solution for this problem is bank loans. These days, most students who plan to study abroad depend on bank loans to meet the cost. Considering the fact that a foreign degree is a great investment for the student’s future, depending on education loan for abroad studies is not a bad idea either. But there are certain matters and facts you have to keep in mind before going ahead with obtaining education loans for overseas education. This blog will help you to get a basic idea about availing education loan for abroad studies.

Check your eligibility

While selecting the loan scheme, you must also check the eligibility criteria for availing education loan for abroad studies set by different banks. Check if you can avail education loan for the course you have chosen. The banks usually check the reputation of the educational institution you have chosen and whether the course is short term or long term. So, it is better to have a clear idea about the requirements for applying for education loan for abroad studies.

Read documents thoroughly

Before signing the agreement for education loan for abroad studies, you must read it thoroughly in order to avoid future regrets. You must have clearly understood the interest structure, conditions for pre-payment or extending in case you didn’t get placed soon after the studies. You should clear all your doubts regarding various clauses of the loan agreement before signing the agreement.

Co-applicant and payback time

Usually, if you are availing an education loan above Rs 5 lakh, you will need a co-applicant or co-signer. The co-applicant or co-signer, mostly a parent, will sign the loan agreement. He/she will be responsible to repay the loan amount if you fail to do so. Normally, banks give a period of five to seven years to pay back the loan after one year of studies or six months of getting employed.

Costs covered

  • Educational loan for abroad studies may cover:
  • Tuition fees
  • Room and board fees
  • Health insurance fees
  • Charges for examination, library, laboratory and hostel
  • Cost of purchasing books, equipment, instruments and uniform
  • Travel expenses including flight ticket
  • Caution money, refundable deposit, etc.
  • Study tours, exchange programs and project work

Documents required

In order to apply for education loans for abroad studies, you will need documents including:

  • ID and Residence proof of the applicant and co-applicant
  • Offer letter or proof of admission to the study program
  • Passport size photographs
  • Bank account statement
  • Telephone bill/water bill/electricity bill
  • Signature proof
  • Passport copy
  • Scholarship documents, if any
  • Estimation of expenditure during the entire period of study
  • Documents for collateral security if needed

Indian Students Welcome to Study Bachelor’s in Canada

Jennifer Daubeny, Consul General of Canada in Bangalore, covering South India, has invited Indian students to pursue bachelor’s programs in Canada. Many Indian students are choosing to obtain their master’s in Canada, especially niche courses such as animation, but she encouraged more Indian students to also come forward to study bachelor’s courses in Canada. Ms.Daubeny was speaking on the occasion of Canada’s 150th birthday.

At a time when the United States and European countries are tightening their immigration policies, the multi-ethnic and multi-cultural approach of Canada towards immigration is offering plenty of opportunities for both Indian students and businesses. pointed out the Consul General.

Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Canada

  • Bachelor’s in Canada usually takes three to four years to complete.
  • Many universities and colleges are offering scholarships and bursaries to lessen the financial burden of international students.
  • The student must have a minimum aggregate grade/marks of 70% in his/her secondary school.
  • The student must provide proof of his/her proficiency in English.
  • Canadian universities offer undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines such as IT, Health Science, Engineering, Social Service and Tourism, including:
    • Bachelor of Arts (BA)
    • Bachelor of Science (BS/BSc)
    • Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
    • Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
    • Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
    • Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)

Do you want to know more about studying in Canada? Get in touch with CanApprove’s expert educational consultants now!

UK: University of Oxford Ranked #1

University of Oxford has emerged as the world’s best institution for medical and health teaching and research in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018. This is the seventh consecutive year that Oxford is in the lead for clinical, pre-clinical and health-related disciplines. The second position is shared by the University of Cambridge and Harvard University.

The 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings considered 500 institutions from across the world and 58 out of the top 100 institutions in the list are located in the UK.

Oxford University’s Medical Sciences Division has 5000 full-time equivalent researchers, teachers and staff. The division also has 1500 graduate and 1500 undergraduate students. Oxford’s medical sciences division is one of the largest biomedical research centres in Europe and has hosted many groundbreaking experiments in medical science.

The universities in the top-ten positions for clinical, pre-clinical and health subjects are:

  • University of Oxford, United Kingdom
  • University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
  • Harvard University, United States
  • Imperial College London, United Kingdom
  • Stanford University, United States
  • Johns Hopkins University, United States
  • University of California, Berkeley, United States
  • Columbia University, United States
  • University of Melbourne, Australia
  • University of Pennsylvania, United States

To explore medical educational opportunities in the UK, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants today!