1. IRCC held its eight category-based Express Entry draw on September 20
2. September 20 also marks the 264th Express Entry draw since 2015.
3. 1,000 Express Entry profiles having work experience in transport professions – truck drivers, pilots, aviation mechanical engineers and seafarers – received invitations to apply for Canada PR.
4. The qualifying CRS score stood at 435 points.
5. So far, IRCC invited 11,000+ targeted profiles to apply for PR under new category-based selections.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held its first-ever category-based selection under the Express Entry system for transport occupation.
As a result, 1,000 eligible candidates received invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residency (PR). It included only registered profiles under FSWP, CEC, or FSTP, and those qualifying under eligible transport occupation received nominations.
Whereas, all the invited candidates had a qualifying score above 388 which is based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). It is possible that IRCC considered profiles submitted on or before June 17, 2023 at 06:44:01 UTC in case of a tie in the CRS score.
What is the Transport Occupations (2023-1) Express Entry Category?
The Transport Occupations (2023-1) Express Entry category is a new category-based selection draw introduced by IRCC. This category targets candidates with work experience in a transport occupation, as Canada is facing an urgent labor shortage in this sector.
There are 10 transport occupations that are eligible for the Transport Occupations (2023-1) category:
|NOC Code||Transport Occuptions|
|70020||Managers in transportation|
|72404||Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors|
|72600||Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors|
|72601||Air traffic controllers and related occupations|
|72602||Deck officers, water transport|
|72603||Engineer officers, water transport|
|72604||Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators|
|73300||Transport truck drivers|
|93200||Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors|
To be eligible for this category, candidates must have at least one year of continuous full-time work experience in one of the eligible occupations within the past three years. They must also meet the minimum language and education requirements for Express Entry.
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada through the Transport Occupations (2023-1) Express Entry category, you should create an Express Entry profile and ensure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements. You can also sign up for IRCC’s email notifications to be alerted of future Express Entry draws.
To learn more about career opportunities in Canada, we encourage you to contact our immigration counselors.
Qualifying for Upcoming Category-Based Express Entry Draws
Canada has already held seven category-based Express Entry draws besides this one. Consequently, candidates under the healthcare occupations (2023-1), STEM occupations (2023-1) category, skilled trades (2023-1) category and French-speaking category became eligible.
This further indicates IRCC’s plan to target more occupation-specific profiles already registered in the federal Express Entry pool in the near future.
In order to maximize your success in qualifying for ITA, you may consider the following assessment criteria:
1. Age: Younger candidates receive more points.
2. Work Experience: Relevant work experience in eligible transport occupation can earn you points.
3. Skills: Relevant education/training/skills can earn you more CRS points.
4. Language Proficiency: Working proficiency in English or French is crucial.
5. Provincial Nomination: Candidates with prior provincial nominations receive additional CRS points.
6. Arranged Employment: If you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, you can earn extra CRS points.
You may also boost your chances of qualifying for immigration after consulting a licensed immigration consultant.
Claim your free consultation from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) like CanApprove today!