In the Saskatchewan Expression of Interest draw held on May 5, a total of 197 candidates received invitations to apply for provincial nomination. The invitations were issued through the Occupations In Demand and Express Entry streams under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program(SINP). The draw invited candidates with work experience in one of the 41 targeted occupations and they also required a minimum PNP score of 85. One invitation went to a candidate who had marked their country of origin as Ukraine, in the wake of recent invasion of the country by Russia.
How to receive an invitation in a Saskatchewan EOI draw?
- Submit an Expression of Interest to SINP
- If eligible, you will be entered to the EOI candidate pool
- Selected candidates will receive invitations in the SINP draws that are conducted regularly.
- Invited candidates may submit the complete application within 60 days.
- You will receive a provincial nomination, if your application is approved by the immigration officials of Saskatchewan.
SINP Occupations In Demand Sub category
To be eligible under this sub-category, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum score of 60 on the SINP points assessment grid
- Minimum language proficiency equal to Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 4
- Must have completed one year of post-secondary level education. Those who have earned their educational credentials from outside Canada must have their Educational Credential Assessment done.
- Minimum one year work experience acquired in the past 10 years.
- The work experience must be in the same field of education or training of the candidate.
- The work experience must also be in an eligible occupation under NOC A, B, 0
- Obtain professional licensure in Saskatchewan for occupations that demand the same.
- Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan
Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category
The candidates who have an active Express Entry profile become eligible under this sub-category. They must also meet the following requirements:
- Score at least 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid
- At least one year of post-secondary level education. Those who have acquired their educational qualifications from abroad must have their Educational Credential Assessment done.
- Have required level of work experience in an occupation categoried under NOC A, B or 0.
- Obtain professional license if necessary
- Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.