- PEQ is a fast track immigration program which allows the candidate who has studied or worked in Quebec to migrate to Quebec.
- Immigration to Quebec under this category is a two step process being, attaining a CSQ and then applying for immigration.
- After obtaining the CSQ, he/she must then apply for federal approval before Canada immigration visa can be issued. The federal authorities are responsible for medical criminal checks.
There are two main categories under Quebec Experience class which are:
- Foreign students must meet the below criteria to apply for PEQ
- The student must hold a degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution recognized of Quebec Ministry of Education within the past 36 months.
- The student must fulfill at least 1800 study hours (two years) in Quebec.
- The student must provide an evidence that they have successfully completed an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution.
- If you do not possess the required language proficiency, then you must take up a standardized language test recognized by the government of Quebec.
Temporary Foreign Worker
- Temporary workers in Quebec are eligible to apply for PEQ only if they meet the following requirements.
- The worker must have worked in Quebec for 12 months in a skilled, managerial, or professional occupation in the 24 months prior to submission of the application.
- The worker should be employed at the time of his/her application and must show legal status in Quebec.
- The worker must provide an evidence of his/her successful completion of an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution.
- If he/she did not complete their studies in French, then they must take up a standardized language test recognized by the government of Quebec.
Other Essential Information
- The assessment of applicants under PEQ is done on fast track basis and has a processing time of less than a month.
- Applicants have working experience or studying in Quebec and who do not meet the eligibility criteria for the PEQ, may also be eligible to apply for a CSQ through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Find your CRS score now!
Get in Touch
Just a few steps to get it started!