In the Ontario Express Entry French-speaking Skilled Worker (FSSW) stream draw held on April 30, a total of 307 bi-lingual candidates received Notifications of Interest (NoIs) to apply for provincial nomination. The invited candidates may submit the application for provincial nomination from Ontario within 45 days of receiving the NoI.
This is the second and largest FSSW draw so far this year. In the first draw held on January 9, a total of 242 candidates received invitations for provincial nomination.
Express Entry French-speaking Skilled Worker Stream
To be eligible for provincial nomination under the Express Entry French-speaking Skilled worker Stream, a candidate must have an active profile in the federal Express Entry pool. They must also meet the eligibility requirements under either the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Notably, it is not possible for the candidates to apply directly for provincial nomination under the FSSW Stream. Express Entry candidates may apply for provincial nomination under the Stream only if they receive an NoI from OINP.
Other eligibility requirements:
• If the candidate is applying under FSWP, they must score at least 67 points on Federal Skilled Worker selection factors
• Language proficiency equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher in French and a CLB 6 or higherin English in all the four abilities (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
• Education qualification equal to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD. If studied outside Canada, they must submit an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
• Demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario
• Legal residential status if residing in Canada at the time of application
• Demonstrate sufficient settlement funds
The candidates who are nominated by Ontario will have 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score points added to their total CRS score which guarantee them an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada in the subsequent federal Express Entry draw.
Do you wish to migrate to Canada through Provincial Nominee Program? Check your eligibility by filling our free online assessment form.