Canapprove WHATSAPP

Ways to Improve your CRS Score

Ways to Improve your CRS Score

CRS Score

If you want to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry system, your chances of being selected are almost entirely based on how well you score in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). You are awarded points under CRS based on a number of factors including education, proficiency in English and/or French language, age and work experience. Other factors that can significantly increase your score include Canadian degrees, diplomas, certificates, a valid job offer, and a nomination from a Canadian province or territory. The candidates ranked the highest, based on their scores, are sent Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for permanent residence in Canada.

Here are some ways to improve your CRS score:

1. Improve language scores

One of the easiest ways to raise your CRS score is to focus on the language scores. Prepare for language tests such as IELTS, if you are able to score a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 9  in the language test, you can get up to 136 direct points under the language section and up to 100 points under the sub-factors of the Skill Transferability section. You can also earn up to 24 points by appearing for a language test in French if your first language is English and vice versa.

2. Apply through a Provincial Nominee Program

If you are nominated by one of the Canadian provinces or territories under Canada’s PNP, you will receive up to 600 CRS points. This will increase your chances of getting an ITA. You can apply for a Provincial Nominee Program before or after you create your Express Entry profile

3. Secure a LMIA-approved job offer

Another way to increase your CRS score and get up to 600 points is to secure a job offer, recognized by the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), from an employer in Canada. This will make a candidate from the Express Entry pool more eligible to receive an ITA.

4. Make your spouse the primary applicant

If you are applying for Canada immigration with your spouse or common-law partner and he/she can score more CRS points, it is advised to make them the primary applicant. However, if you have already started your application, it is not possible to change the primary applicant in an existing Express Entry profile. So, you will have to create a new profile with your partner as the primary applicant and yourself as a dependent.

5. Keep working

If you have less than three years of full-time work experience, it is ideal to continue working. You will receive points under the Skill Transferability section, the more the work experience, the better.

Are you planning to immigrate to Canada? Our experienced immigration lawyers and consultants are here to help you! Please contact us.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Send Us An Enquiry

Enter your details below and we'll call you back when it suits you.

    [honeypot 953b1362b63bd3ecf68]

    Enquire Now Call Now