What’s so special about Saskatchewan province if you may ask. It’s called the land of the living skies and the land of Saskatchewan Polytechnic. ‘Sask Polytechnic’ is the only polytechnic in Saskatchewan and is one of the most reputed institutions in the province. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is widely known for accepting students with long academic gaps, and backlogs and moreover acting as a pathway for getting a Saskatchewan PR.
If you’re planning to study in Canada to make a promising career, Saskatchewan Polytechnic could be your best fit. Because Sask Polytechnic provides industry-centric education, therefore preparing you to kick start your profession immediately after graduation. Curious to know more about S-A-S-K Polytechnic? Jump in!
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a family of 4 campuses in Sask province in the 4 big cities:
- Moose Jaw
- Prince Albert
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a total of 191 different courses through programs such as
- Post-grad certificate
- Advanced Diploma
- Certificate programs etc.
Quick Facts about Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Member of Polytechnics Canada
- Quality and job-focused education
- Research and industry-related teachings
- 94% – Employment rate of graduates
- 93% – Employers prefer Sask Polytech students again
- 2 billion dollars income added to Saskatchewan’s economy
- Majority of Internationals Students are Indians.
Courses offered at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
There are 191 different courses offered by Saskatchewan Polytechnic across the 4 campuses. Of the 191, international students are eligible to choose a major number of programs. Hence, make sure to check for courses that are eligible for international students. In case, you find it difficult to select courses, you can always get a free consultation from our overseas education experts.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is best known for its job-focused Diploma programs. Here are a few popular diploma courses:
- Interior Design
- Culinary Arts
- Media Production
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technologies
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Environment Engineering Technology
For students to pursue post-secondary education, here are a few degree/bachelors’ programs to study at Saskatchewan Polytechnic:
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Bachelor of Construction Management
- Collaborative Nurse Practitioner program
- Construction Management (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Nursing (Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing)
If you’ve just completed your bachelor’s degree and eventually looking for a course to upgrade your skills in your relevant field, here’s the good news. Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a variety of post-graduate certificate courses such as
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Business Accountancy
- Cloud computing and Blockchain
- Cyber Security
- Financial Services
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Project Management
- Software developer
- Supply Chain management
- Technology Management
Benefits of Studying at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Apart from high-quality education and job-focused academic learning, Saskatchewan Polytechnic holds three important benefits for international students.
- Job-focused education
Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers high-quality education standing out from other polytechnic colleges in Canada. Sask Polytech provides job-focused teachings, therefore preparing students for the industry. This professional-based training will make you more competitive right before graduation.
- Backlogs are accepted in Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Got backlogs? Don’t worry, you can get admission to Saskatchewan Polytechnic. If you don’t have enough academic qualifications or have backlogs, accordingly you must take alternative admission assessments.
- Long Academic gaps are accepted
If you have gap years after your bachelor’s degree, obviously you might think of application rejection. But, at Saskatchewan Polytechnic, academic gaps are not a bar.
- A pathway to get a PR
International students who have graduated from Saskatchewan Polytechnic are more affinitive to obtain a Canadian Permanent Residency. After graduation, obtaining a post graduate work permit (PGWP) and consequently obtaining a PR in Saskatchewan is becomes a hassle-free process.
- Frequent workshops and hands-on training
Sask Polytech has one of its INSIGHT events where workshops, hands-on training, and interactive activities are held. This series of events take place regularly to enhance students’ skills.
- Experiencing Saskatchewan Province
Saskatchewan is known for its scenic landscapes and buzzy city life. It is home to more than 100,000 lakes. Here are the top places to visit in Saskatchewan:
- Prince Albert National Park
- Saskatoon City (where one of the Polytech campuses is located)
- Fort Walsh National Historic Site
- Trans-Canada highway
- Cypress Hills and grasslands national park
- Qu’Appelle Valley
Facilities for students in Sask Polytechnic
Apart from the academics, the college has an excellent infrastructure with many facilities inside the campus such as
- Food and dining
- Fitness centers
- Recreation centers
- Dental Clinic
- Salon and spa
- Student associations
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- How many campuses does Saskatchewan Polytechnic have?
Sask Polytech has 4 campuses namely
- Saskatoon – Main campus
- Moose Jaw
- Prince Albert
- Is Saskatchewan Polytechnic a DLI?
Yes! All 4 Sask Polytech campuses – Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw, and Prince Albert are registered as Designated Learning Institutions.
- What is the Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s ranking?
Sask Polytech ranked 12 among the list of 50 Research Institutions in Canada in 2021.
- Is accommodation available at Saskatchewan Polytechnic?
No, Sask Polytech does not offer student accommodations. Students can plan accommodations outside the campus. However, students can get help from Student Centres at the Polytech.
- How much time does it to receive the offer letter from Sask Polytech?
It usually takes about 15 business days after applying and submitting the necessary documents for admission.
Study at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
This blog gives all reasons for you to study at Sask Polytech to fuel up your higher education dream. The academics, student benefits, exciting courses, facilities, and above all job-focused education makes this college the best in Canada for international students.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is one of the tie-up colleges of CanApprove. We are working closely with colleges in Canada, the UK, and Europe to make students’ dreams turn into reality. We’ve made it possible since 1998 and still shining as we step into the 24th year of Canapprove’s overseas education services.
Study at Saskatchewan Polytechnic with the help of our education experts. Here’s an offer you can’t refuse, talk to us now!