In the first OINP Tech Draw of 2020 conducted on January 15, Ontario invited 954 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of the candidates invited in the draw ranged between 460 and 472. The candidates were also required to have work experience in any one of the following six occupations:
• Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
• Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
• Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
• Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
• Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
• Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
The candidates selected in the latest OINP Tech Draw had submitted their Express Entry profiles between January 15, 2019 and January 15, 2020.
OINP Tech Draw
The OINP Tech Draw was launched in 2019, with an aim to help Ontario meet the growing demand for tech workers in its labour market and this is the third OINP Tech Draw. Some of the major tech hubs of Canada, named Toronto, Ottawa and Waterloo are located in Ontario.
Through the OINP Tech Draw, Ontario invites eligible foreign tech workers with an Express Entry profile to apply for provincial nomination. The candidates who successfully apply for and obtain provincial nomination will have 600 additional score points added to their total CRS score.
OINP Tech Draw is conducted through the Human Capital Priorities Stream of the PNP. In the draw, Ontario selects candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for the stream from the Express Entry pool.
Though a job offer is not necessary to be selected, the candidate must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience or equivalent part-time work experience in the relevant occupation. The other requirements to be qualified under the Human Capital Priorities Stream are:
• Minimum education qualification equal to Canadian Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in English or French equal to minimum CLB/NCLC level 7
• Demonstrate intention to reside in Ontario.
• Residing legally in Canada, if applying from inside the country
• Demonstrate enough settlement funds
Are you a professional thinking about migrating to Canada? Canada offers you a promising future with high living standards and wonderful career opportunities. Contact the expert immigration consultants of CanApprove to know more about your options to migrate to Canada.