Starting from July 20, the government of Ontario has been accepting applications for the Employer Job Offer Stream-in both Foreign Workers and International Students categories under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). Applications will be accepted within the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation, which is 6000 for 2017. The candidates must submit the applications through the OINP e-filing portal within 21 days of registering their profiles. The OINP page will be updated when they stop accepting applications.
International Student with a Job Offer Stream applicants must:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada. Or, must have already graduated or be graduating from a publicly funded college or university in Canada.
- Have completed a two-year degree or diploma program on a full-time basis from Canada or abroad. Or must have completed a one-year post-graduate degree or certificate program.
- Have a permanent, full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC Levels 0, A, or B). The employer must apply for Opportunities Ontario. The offer must be approved and remain valid at the time the applicant’s application is approved. A Joint Verification form and a Pre-Screen Position form are also required from the employer.
- Submit the application no later than two years after the date that the student received their Canadian degree or diploma or submit it as early as the last semester of the student’s studies.
- Have legal status of living in Canada.
Employer Job Offer Stream is designed for skilled foreign workers with a job offer from an employer in Ontario.
The applicant must have:
- Two years of work experience in their respective occupation within the past five years.
- The appropriate registration in the province if he/she has a regulated occupation.
- Paid and verifiable work experience.
- A permanent, full-time job offer in a skilled occupation from an Ontario employer. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means Managerial jobs (NOC skill type level 0), Professional jobs (NOC skill type level A) and Technical jobs/skilled trade (NOC skill type B).
- Legal status if living in Canada during application.
- A signed Joint Verification form and a Pre-Screen Position form by the employer.
The employer must:
- Submit an application that needs to be approved by Opportunities Ontario and needs to be valid until the time his/her application is approved.
- Have an active business for at least three years.
- Have gross revenue of at least $1,000,000 with at least five permanent full-time employees for those companies in Greater Toronto Area or have gross revenue of at least $500,000 with at least three permanent full-time employees for companies outside this area.
- Offer a job that is located inside of the province of Ontario.
The job offer must:
- Be a permanent, full-time position.
- Meet the wage levels for the respective position in Ontario.
- Not affect the settlement of any labour dispute the company or its employees are involved in.
- Not have a negative effect on the employment or training opportunities for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Offer a position that is necessary for the operation of the company.
To explore your Canada Immigration options, get in touch with our immigration lawyers and consultants today!